• This topic has 46 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by hora.
Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • ParentrackWorld: Toddler Nightmares
  • Northwind

tall_martin – Member

My folks got some dream eaters for us when we were sprogs- some kind of dragony statue that are big enough to be parked in the door holding it open letting some light in.

They told us they would eat any bad dreams that came around.

Nothing scary about a dragon that can reach inside your brain and eat your thoughts.

Story from a friend- their first had terrible nightmares, so they got their son a dream catcher from a craft stall, got the nice lady to lay on the full native american woo thing- totally convinced. All was well for a few weeks, then suddenly he became terrified of the dreamcatcher as it must be getting full of bad dreams- what if they leak? What if it overflows and they all burst out at once? They ended up having to burn it in the garden.

The moral of the story is that kids brains are just as good at creating problems as adults.

natrix
    Free Member

+1 for the ‘monster -be-gone’ spray 🙂

hora
    Free Member

My son kept on knocking his heels together and saying ‘cant do it’ in his sleep. He did this repeatdly. He’d been watching Wizard of Oz/ and thought he was Dorothy. 😆

brassneck

I told them dinosaurs never existed, and any bones found were just a test of faith from God. Who is always watching us. Always.

johndoh
    Free Member

I told them dinosaurs never existed, and any bones found were just a test of faith from God. Who is always watching us. Always.

Wins the Internetz

johndoh
    Free Member

My son kept on knocking his heels together and saying ‘cant do it’ in his sleep. He did this repeatdly. He’d been watching Wizard of Oz/ and thought he was Dorothy

You’ve got trouble brewing when he hits his teens. Keep the wife’s lippy out of his reach 😉

hora
    Free Member

Oh I know hope he’ll have muscular legs to go with the dresses that he’ll be wearing 😯

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘ParentrackWorld: Toddler Nightmares’ is closed to new replies.