• This topic has 49 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by TiRed.
Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Pancake poisoning
  • sandwicheater

Grew to love it when we lived in Holland. I’ll not defend it, i know i deserve no pudding or power kites.

philjunior
    Free Member

I got home to find 5 left in the oven for me.

1 Nutella
    1 squirty cream and nutella
    1 squirty cream, lemon juice and syrup
    1 lemon juice and syrup

And the kids had squirty cream and nutella on the last one.

Re. the thickness debate, they shouldn’t be as thin as a crepe, but they should certainly be thinner than scotch pancakes, to enable filling holding and rolling up.

Essentially, as usual, the extremists on both sides are wrong.

mogrim

Re. the thickness debate, they shouldn’t be as thin as a crepe, but they should certainly be thinner than scotch pancakes, to enable filling holding and rolling up.

Essentially, as usual, the extremists on both sides are wrong.

100% correct. I had 3 cheese+ham, then 2 nutella+squirty cream, and a lemon+sugar one to finish.

(Nothing wrong with drop scones of course, but they’re not proper pancakes).

GrahamS

My homemade effort last night:

Chickpea Pancakes with Cajun Chicken and Sweetcorn Salsa

The “pancakes” were just Gram Flour, ground coriander, chopped coriander stalks and water. Egg and gluten-free, but very tasty.

We also did “banana pancakes” for the kids, which are also not proper pancakes: just two eggs + one banana, mashed up, fried and served with Nutella or honey 😀

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

My bottom wasn’t very happy with me this morning. Not sure if it was the cider or the pancakes.

Cougar

Graham > happy Chapati Day.

toby1

I got stuck because of a death on the trainline, got home about 9, seemed too late for pancakes then, I’m out this evening, so pancake (english crepe style) for me on Thursday looks likely.

I’ve tried variations, but Lemon and sugar wins it everytime!

GrahamS

😆 @Cougar

Yeah it was a “Hello Fresh” recipe. Described as “Chickpea Pancakes” but really it was somewhere between a crepe, a chapati and a Besan Ki Roti.

Worked well though and earned valuable brownie points with the missus.

(thick “Scotch Pancakes” are proper pancakes to me!)

stevied
    Free Member

The wife was confused when the batter mix should have done 12 pancakes only did 9. 2 each for the her and the 2 girls, 3 for me + another 3 (after she’d taken the girls to bed) from the bit of batter I hid 😈

TiRed

I make them every week. Yesterday’s haul if about 25 was for our clubride. Chocolate Orange flavour – orange essence in the batter and nutella in the middle.

I was dropped on my fixed wheel, but at least there was one left when I got back to the clubhouse!

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Pancake poisoning’ is closed to new replies.