Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Panaracer Rampage sport 2.3 tyres?
  • daj
    Free Member

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone else use these tyres? what you think of them? Ideally what conditions you use them in?

Cheers

daj

radoggair
    Free Member

I use them both front and rear, though not at same time. On rear its good and grippy, though doesn’t roll too good. ON front its grippy as well and seems to work as a better tyre. It does come up wide though, which is good. Not punctured yet which also rules. Dont think you’ll be disappointed. As a rule , there a good wettish tyre, digging in deep though they’ll prob act better and faster on drier surfaces, where you can add an extra few psi. Personally think there up there with high rollers and minions

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Jack of all trades, master of none. I would describe them as adequate in most conditions. They roll okay, they hook up on roots and rock okay and if you’re game they break away into a slide in a fairly predictable way, much like high rollers.

However, they have pathetic puncture protection. If you run them with anything less than a dh tube and you like to do drops or your not shy of rock gardens you better like changing pinch flats. At lower pressure they wobble around like jelly.

High roller is a much better tyre, it does all the things the rampage does only better. Rolls better, drifts better, more puncture protection with the additional benefit of the bigger side lugs means even slick deep mud you still have grip in the corners.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Love then – great tyre. Good in all conditions although the recent mud fest has made me think about moving onto my MudXs

I’ve had different experiences to the above poster. Ridden them reasonably hard, through rocky terrain (inc Peaks) over drops and jumps and not had one pinch flat yet. In fact I’ve not had one puncture on them yet in 9 months and they are only running a standard tube.

Try them out and see.

Daj – Where you riding and in what conditions?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I run them (but not in the winter when it’s supergloopy). I find them very good and cope with a wide variety of terrain and they were ace in C-Y-B.

They are very big though!

colb
    Free Member

I love them, although did suffer numerous pinch flats at Ae when running lower pressures, noticed that if they are rock hard then no punctures.

daj
    Free Member

Cheers for the feedback just wanted to know if im doing something wrong here!! I use mine for general use quite happy until they hit sticky mud …Within secs I find them bloody dangerous!??! First time was at the wobble … They became horrific slicks and ended down a big bank onto some logs and again yesterday while my mate was quite happy decending down a pretty steep slippy run I was having near death experences on complete slicks ;o( I tend to run at 30psi ??

daj
    Free Member

Blimey these posts move too quick!!

Anyone else with mud issues with them?

jam-bo

Yeah. They can be a bit drifty…

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Yep – in sticky mud they become far to sketchy but in their defense don’t most non-mud specific tyres?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Panaracer Rampage sport 2.3 tyres?’ is closed to new replies.