Home Forums Chat Forum Paddy & Chris Road Tripping

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Paddy & Chris Road Tripping
    MoreCashThanDash

I know there’s lots of TG haters on here, but not a bad way to spend an hour.  Helps that Sweden looks bloody amazing.

Caher

I enjoyed it. They just seem like mates having a good time, occasionally chatting about things you’d only talk about with your best friends.

aggs
    Free Member

I prefer Chris as a motoring journalist , it was ok, had some good moments and some less good ones as well.

AD

Really enjoyed it – definitely worth a look.

MoreCashThanDash

I enjoyed it. They just seem like mates having a good time, occasionally chatting about things you’d only talk about with your best friends.

Slight Mortimer and Whitehouse vibes at times.

zippykona

Really surprised Harris is 10 years younger than me.
    He has no right to moan about feeling old!
    I preferred the League Of Their Own road trips though.

Kryton57

Urgh, annoying Paddy  McGuiness and a yet another potential TG script.  Might be a while before I can convince  myself to drink enough to have a look.

Drac

Watching it now. Still don’t rate Chris but he is improving, just lacks the personality that Paddy has for TV.

Entertaining enough and now looking at how to get my motorhome to Sweden, not as easy since they stopped the ferrry from Newcastle to Norway.

MoreCashThanDash

Urgh, annoying Paddy McGuiness and a yet another potential TG script. Might be a while before I can convince myself to drink enough to have a look.

Thank you for sharing

DickBarton

Surely motorhome and Sweden means ferry to France and roadtrip to Sweden…no?

ElShalimo

I enjoyed that. Nothing like Top Gear

Drac

One option yes, a ferry to Norway from just down the road would have been a lot easer.

ElShalimo

Newcastle to Rotterdam.Then the Frederikshavn to Oslo ferry for SW Sweden?

Or drive to Malmö? Or take the German ferry from Sasnitz?

RustyNissanPrairie

Not watched this yet but we are planning a big road trip for our 20th wedding anniversary next year with our caravan.

Thinking of Harwich to hook of Holland, up through a bit of Germany then Kiel to Gothenburg and the Volvo museum!

Kryton57

Thank you for sharing

You’re welcome, not everything in life is positive and afaik personal opinion is still allowed to be expressed freely.

Nothing like Top Gear

Good to hear, home alone Friday and celebrating 5 weeks of sobriety so I may give it a try, despite not enjoying McGuiness.

Harry_the_Spider

Thought that was alright. Will watch the rest of them.

MoreCashThanDash

I get McGuinness annoys some people, but my opinion of him shifted quite a bit when he was on Question Time – he was better prepared than most panellists and came across really well.

Drac

Newcastle to Rotterdam

Yes, that is an option I’ve looked at. Need to make a plan for trips next year and now Sweden is on the consideration list.

mrhoppy

I tried to make it work for this summer mixing up Sweden and Norway. It depends how much time you’ve got but for a fortnight it’s a lot of driving to get to the good stuff. If you boost up to get there it’s tedious, if you try and add in interesting places it takes ages. 2 ferries makes it eye wateringly expensive.

To go to even the fairly accessible places like Trysil seemed to be considerably longer and more complicated than going to the Alps. Sticking in Southern Sweden would be easier but maybe misses out on the good parts.

BigJohn

home alone Friday and celebrating 5 weeks of sobriety so I may give it a try, despite not enjoying McGuiness.

An ideal opportunity for a Guinness 0.0 and McGuiness zero

bfw

I clocked it last night.  I will watch it now.

This guy did Norway.  We drove to and from Corfu in the summer over three weeks and it was tough at times.  I was thinking this would be the next road trip, but I bet its expensive, Switzerland a few years back was tough feeling so poor, even buying veg in a supermarket made us wince!

https://www.t6forum.com/threads/your-longest-trip-away.53047/#post-694708

mick_r

Don’t think the good old Volvo museum is at the factory any more. Think it is now “World of Volvo” next to the theme park with about half the exhibits :-(

Drac

Cheers MrHoppy. Fortunately I won’t really have a time limit, but as it stands Sweden is a big trip. May have to consider flying and hiring instead.

lunge

Enjoyed that, not like top gear, more just 2 mates talking. Much better than I expected.

IHN

I get McGuinness annoys some people, but my opinion of him shifted quite a bit when he was on Question Time – he was better prepared than most panellists and came across really well.

I’ve just had a quick look at this on YouTube and I’d totally agree.

chrismac

Turned it on with low expectations and found it really entertaining and funny in places. Will definitely watch the next episode. It did help that sweeten looks stunning and has a good attitude to life.

simondbarnes

Enjoyed the first two, got bored of the third as it involved bicycles.

tractionman

It’s a bit of lighthearted entertainment on TV which let’s face it we need more of at the mo :-/ and good to see blokes’ 50+ health being addressed, great scenery too, I watched the 3 episodes on iplayer, more please…

aphex_2k
    Free Member

LOL Paddy is the funny one and Chris isn’t so funny? Yadontsay??

He’s the motoring expert. Paddy’s an entertainer. Have you not seen them before?

willard

Depending on your location, ferry from Harwich to Hook of Holland and then a two day trip through the Netherlands, Germany & Denmark will get you to either Helsingborg (ferry) or Malmö (bridge). After that, pick a direction that involves “North”.

North and West gets you Gothenberg and up towards Norway. North and East gets you Skåne, Västmanland and then Stockholm and the east coast towards Finland.

mick_r

For a slightly different out / in drive, you can go out the short hop Germany to Denmark at Puttgarten, cutting out a chunk of driving for a not too expensive ferry (and there are a few not very exciting MTB trails at Mons Clint).

If you get up far enough to visit some of Norway, you can return via Ferry from Bergen to the top of Denmark overnight (seeing some interesting bits of coast in the afternoon/ evening).

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.