Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Padded Envelopes
  • IanMunro
    Free Member

The ones with a paper outer and bubble-wrap inner.

Should I stick it in the plastic bin or the paper bin?

We’ve got new colour coded recycling bins in the office and I’m still slightly confused what with the heady excitement of it all.

wwaswas

one of the good things about CRC moving to card only wrapping is that they can be recycled. bubble wrap lined envelopes can’t be recycled as they’re mixed materials.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Save it for reuse.

organic355
    Free Member

you need to separate the plastic from the paper.

and remember to pop each bubble in the bubble wrap as there is also and air shortage.

Cougar

It depends on your recycling facility, there’s no single answer. Do you have a “green champion” you can ask?

I’m the green champion at our office, and recycling is a bloody nightmare. We have DMR – Dry Mix Recycling – which is about as easy as you can get; basically, all the recycling goes in one bin and all the non-recyclables in another. Even then, knowing what is and isn’t recyclable is a minefield.

If I were to guess, I’d say your jiffy bags are non-recyclable and should go in with the regular waste.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

You may find that the recycle bins and the non-recycle bins in the office get emptied into the same big skip at the back of the office. 😉 On of the ‘FTSE 4 Good’ organisations got nailed for that one.

jon1973
    Free Member

one of the good things about CRC moving to card only wrapping is that they can be recycled.

True, but I ordered a replacement pin which holds the brake level on a couple of weeks ago. Must have been 3 mm wide and about 20mm long and packed in the manufactures small plastic bag. It was boxed by CRC in a box about twice the size of the Yellow Pages, and packed with a load of bubble wrap to stop it rattling around. A jiffy bag would have been a lot more green, a would have fitted through the letter box 😐

IanMunro
    Free Member

I threw it out the window in the end.
    Estates problem now 😀

jon1973
    Free Member

You cold have put it in another bag and hung it from a tree.

philconsequence
    Free Member

well done Ian 😀

(MEDICAL FACT: only XCjeyers and roadies recycle, oh and vegans that are probably ginger)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Padded Envelopes’ is closed to new replies.