• This topic has 27 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by eskay.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Owning a dog!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

I’ve posted a few times on here recently regarding our new addition to chez wrightyson. He’s a handful and a tad mental.
    However I got up this morning with a killer hangover, but off out we still set over the fields.
    New long training lead attached, no distractions and off we went, just him and me. What an absolute joy, he never left my side and is starting to really come on with his commands. Hangover gone within 5 min, cheers dog! Here’s to many more!

willard

They are good for that. i never get tired of taking Ted out for a walk, although it can get a bit wearing when it’s cold and raining.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Massive STW fail.

Pictures are mandatory on any dog thread.

z1ppy

Owning a dog is great… we need a new dog, George has been gone for 2 years now and we still miss him. Tried for one that needed re-homing on FB the other day but he was so gorgeous that he was snapped up. Unfortunately all the local dog homes only have staffies, which I think are great dogs, but were not ‘small’ dog ppl.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/9v2upE]Pensive George[/url] by z1ppy2, on Flickr

Just for gobuchul 😉

dudeofdoom

Mmmm got my new un here just got another week before she can go out on floor…

shitzu trail dog

Don’t think I’m going to ride with her thou…but looking forward to long lead training…

I’ve took her out in a dog backpack and that works well but it’s real funny out walking when you get aaww for your springers then once you pass more squels of delight when they see what’s hanging out the backpack 🙂

Onzadog
    Free Member

Zippy, how about a staffie cross? I was always a big dog person (gsd) but the wife came with a staffie cross which I wouldn’t be without now and he’s bigger but leaner than standard staffie.

Tracey

Just got back from a ride up on to Cut Gate with Fin, had a great time with her, its her first big ride since she was spayed. Its a great feeling to be out with them.

z1ppy

Onzadog tbh no, more a springer/pointer/lab mishmash ala George. The right one, probably complete left-field of our plans, will come along soon enough, as I think we’ve both decided we want another

wrightyson
    Free Member

I said to the mrs earlier I genuinely couldn’t imagine life without him.

andyl
    Free Member
    edward2000
    Free Member

Somebody shouted at me today in a panic on the lower path at Win Hill ‘oh my God he’s dead!’ I wasn’t quite sure what to make of it and I couldn’t see any dead people, then she told me she was referring to her dog.

It wasn’t dead anyway it was just having a fit, so it died a little bit and came back to life I suppose. I can’t remember her name.

Anyway my point is, I forget that too.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

I Could have rode earlier today BUT I took me doggies out instead, yup I Love Em THAT much :mrgreen: doggies are great.

maccruiskeen

Not the thread about bombers that I was expecting

wrightyson
    Free Member

Earlier when looking back at thread title I did think that sounds a little bit rspca time 😆

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Glad its working out Wrighty. I took our border T ( singletrack standard issues version) for a walk this morning and after 4 miles, decided to roll in cow poo 50 yrds from the car !! Still love her, but she has her moments. She’s now flaked out by the fire 😀

Tracey

Couple of pics from todays ride

On the way out

On the way back

andyl
    Free Member

Just watching the Yorkshire police dogs on Pick. The spaniels are cool.

stuarty
    Free Member

Great fun
    As long as he doent see a rabbit

andyl
    Free Member

See a rabbit you say?

The rabbit was licking her nose the other day and normally sits on top of her.

Mind you, the cat also doesnt know what to do with the damn rabbit:

chief1409
    Free Member

I grew up in a house with dogs – 2 Samoyeds, then a Border Collie Cross and I really miss not having a dog around now i’m all grown up with a wife and two kids!
    I’d have a dog in a second but i work full time and my wife works Mon-Wed so until i persuade her to give up work (she is a teacher and earns barely more than it costs for the child care) its not going to happen unless we can arrange some sort of dog share with our neighbours who happen to be good friends and also pondering a dog too.
    Anyone got any experience of this sort of thing? Its not shared ownership or anything close but just taking each others dogs out for walks (neighbour works Wed-Fri so there’s chat of sharing Mon/Tue/Thu/Fri walks with a Wed sorted by my mother who is here…). All sounds fine in principle but just wondered what peoples thoughts were?
    Apologies for the thread hijack!

Tracey

We have great neighbours. They take Fin for walks and even round to their garden. Last year they had her for three and a half weeks whilst we were in the Alps. They have had dogs in the past so I think that helps.

epicyclo

Our tame werewolf…

(Wolfhound/Great Dane X)

Yes, she is that big. 🙂

eskay

Wait until you get up in the morning with a hangover and they have shat all over the kitchen floor (has happened to me a couple of times!!).

Sandwich

Riding with the dog is a whole new level of awesome. Except when he wants to kill Muntjac, recall is now much better.

onehundredthidiot

andyl
    Free Member

Wait until you get up in the morning with a hangover and they have shat all over the kitchen floor (has happened to me a couple of times!!).

I think you are taking the whole “mans best friend” thing too literally. Stop getting your dog so drunk it does morning beer sharts. 😀

mdavids
    Free Member

Just had ours to her final visit to the vets this week 😥

Been heart breaking watching her deteriorate (arthritis and associated muscle wastage in the hips) and my partner’s insisting we’ll never get another.

However yesterday I caught her looking at pictures of GSD pups so I’ve got a feeling it’s only a matter of time before we are no longer pooch-less.

eskay

mdavids – Member

Just had ours to her final visit to the vets this week

Sorry to hear that. We had one of our old girls put down recently so I know what you are going through. Just left with one now (16 years old). not sure how much longer we will have her for, she is still well but is slowing down a lot.

not sure if we will get another but not sure what life will be like without one.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Owning a dog!’ is closed to new replies.