Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Out of date Christmas pudding.
  • zippykona

We got one of those Hestons Christmas puds with the orange in the middle in 2010.
    It went out of date in April 2011. Just gone to throw it away and it smells great.
    Will I see Christmas 2013 if I eat it?

iolo
    Free Member

You’ll be fine

Nick

We always make too many puds each year and keep one to eat later, there’s still one under the stairs from last year, think I’ll have it tonight 🙂

derek_starship
    Free Member

Give it a good wash in 1 part Dettol 5 parts water. Dry it on the radiator and tuck in.

motorman
    Free Member

Have you died yet?

zippykona

Ut teysted fiiiiiiine bt I feal a bot wooooooozi.

dmorts

Was the date ‘best before’ or ‘use by’?

It’s only if it’s past a ‘use by’ is it likely to do harm. ‘Best before’ just means it won’t be as good

EDIT: Just to say I didn’t realise there was a difference until recently…

zippykona

Best before.

dmorts

Probably fine (as you found) but flavour just not as good.

trevron73
    Free Member

Let the wife try first, wait 30 mins ,give to granny/kids wait 10 mins then have a taste yer sen ?

crazy-legs

Pour a shedload of brandy over it, set fire to it and that’ll kill anything that’s been growing on it. 😉

Maybe.

aracer
    Free Member

prawny

I wasn’t aware such a thing existed. Mmm pudding.

grantway
    Free Member

Eat it, will be fine

paul4stones

The recipe my mother-in-law uses makes enough for two puddings so a few years ago we had the spare one. It was stored in our utility cupboard for a few months but we didn’t realise it was sitting over a central heating pipe so it had twice daily warmings until Christmas day. When we opened it up it had inch high ‘brocolli’ type mould growing on it! We chopped off the top of the pud and ate it – no probs 🙂

chrismanc
    Free Member

Wow im all for minimising waste but paulstones….that is gruesome!

mrmoofo

Most of the fat will be mega rancid by now …

Personally I wouldn’t – and I am a food scientist who used to make xmas puddings ….

Nick

Just had the pud that I made 12 months ago, it was absolutely fantastic, lovely, best Christmas pud I’ve ever eaten, ever. I hope two I made today will be as good in two weeks time!

wiggles
    Free Member

I bought a ‘matured’ one in lidl for £2,bt have they just put a new label on last years waitrose ones… it’s a conspiracy!

Northwind

Has anyone else managed to buy any christmas stuff that’s best before date is before christmas? Got some mince pies from Tesco, admittedly in October, best before date is tomorrow.

PS, nom nom nom mince pies nom

bigrich

fry slices of it in bacon grease.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I always buy Christmas puds in the sales after Christmas then throw them on top of the kitchen cupboards until the next Christmas.

I do it because I think they taste much nicer, a year out of date.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Out of date Christmas pudding.’ is closed to new replies.