Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Osprey Raptor 14
  • MRanger156
    Free Member

Is this bag big enough to fit an SLR, jacket and usual kit in or should I go for the 18?

Currently have a CB Mule with is nowhere near big enough.

jabbathehut
    Free Member

i bought a talon 11 recently and i could'nt believe how much kit fitted in there, I reckon you could going by my 11. Suppose it depends on how much gubbins u carry 😯

robgarrioch

Got a 14l last week – I'd suggest the 18 if you're taking an SLR, think the 14 would be a bit tight (though I've not seen an 18 up close to compare)

scud
    Free Member

Hi mate, i've just bought an 18 and you would fit SLR in their fine, there are a lot of straps on the sides to reduce bulk when you don't need the full 18 litres.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

How big is the Raptor 18 compared to a Camelbak Hawg?

DrP

Where did you get them from?? I can't seem to find anywhere!

DrP

chrispy

I saw a couple in the Cotswold outdoors in Llantrisant so I would assume that all Cotswold stores should stock them. Was tempted, but was a little too expensive.

cheers_drive

Evans in Bristol had some in yesterday.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Those of you with Raptors- are they any better than Camelbaks for having half the cargo space taken up by the bladder when it's full?
    I've got a Mule and space-wise it's OK by the end of the day but is a really annoying squeeze at the start.

cheers_drive

The Raptor bladder has a semi rigid 'spine' so it doesn't bulge when full. I've had one on trial and it's good but the waist and chest straps are a bit narrow and the material is very thin (the top pocket soon ripped).

MrSalmon
    Free Member

The Raptor bladder has a semi rigid 'spine' so it doesn't bulge when full. I've had one on trial and it's good but the waist and chest straps are a bit narrow and the material is very thin (the top pocket soon ripped).

I think that's what I wanted to hear… I was looking at one in Cotswolds and I did think they looked a bit busy- I'm not generally a huge fan of loads of straps/zips/buckles.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I've just got a Raptor 10 in time for the summer. Am going to keep my old CB and use the Raptor bladder in it for rides where I need to carry a little more.

So far, my thoughts;
    The positive;
    Bladder is excellent. Easy to fill, easy to open and easy to put in to a full pack.
    Overall pack design is very clever. Love the little mesh pockets on the hip belt and the helmet holding thingy!
    The magnet for the bit valve is genius.
    Good, well organised pockets, especially with two pump pockets (Shock pump and tyre pump) as well as seperate pockets for keys etc.
    Sits really well on the bag (I have a M/L sized one)
    Ventilation seems very good, but not really tried in hot weather as yet.

The negative;
    It's a little heavy.
    The bladder hose can only run on the right hand side of the bag (I usually like to run mine on the left)

RE the stock/availability, I got mine in Cycle Surgery in that London's Famous London. If you're not around that way, best try and outdoor shop, as I've only ever seen Osprey as an outdoor/climbing brand and I think they're pretty popular there.

robgarrioch

Used mine for the first time proper today – the bladder leaked… My back got soaked & that was me with no water… Re-tried it when got back to base, definitely a substantial leak at the bottom / discharge end. I'll be calling BikeTreks on Tuesday, don't know if this is a one-off.
    I'd agree the pack does, however, sit very comfortably indeed; the storage is plenty, but it is busy with straps & buckles, + the various tighteners work using a kind-of secondary strap. Overall, seems pretty good, but it could do with some minimalist design input!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Is this pack the new Nobby Nic of the stw backpack world?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Osprey Raptor 14’ is closed to new replies.