Home Forums Bike Forum Oslo bike shop needed…..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Oslo bike shop needed…..
  • Matt_SS_xc

Wildcard…..does anyone know Oslo?!?

I am currently on a gravel tandem tour of Norway and arriving in Oslo on Monday.

In need of a new rear tire…..currently have a schwalbe g-one all round. 27.5×2.2.

Would ideally get something else similar for the last 700km.of the trip…..

Just wondered if anyone could recommend the best shop to try first rather than picking at random!

Thank you

mert
    Free Member

I’ve used bikeshop.no before, they have a physical shop at Karenslyst Allé 36, 0279 Oslo.

Also Bike Brothers are meant to be ok (i’ve popped in there before, but not bought anything).

steezysix
    Free Member

Bikeshop.no are showing the Conti Race King in stock in Skøyen, you could call them Monday and reserve or order online for click and collect? Otherwise the big XXL (kind of like Decathlon) at Majorstuen will have something suitable I’m sure! There’s loads of bike shops in Oslo so i don’t think you’ll have trouble finding something.

wbo
    Free Member

Go to XXL.

Didn’t know there were any Bike Brothers in Oslo, but they are absolutely horrible in the SW of the country, unless you want to buy outdated open mould bikes for maximum penger

woody71
    Free Member

Give XXL.no a try

it’s a multi sport mega store chain and there are a few around in Oslo (I used the Majorstuen branch regularly). It’s a bit like Decathlon but higher quality branded kit including cycling.

woody71

goldfish24

Travelling in a beautiful part of the world.  Check.

on a bike. Check.

Gone far enough to wear out a tyre. Check

Found a partner willing to share it with you on a tandem. Check.

just go **** yourself.

:-)

steezysix
    Free Member

Found a partner willing to share it with you on a tandem. Check.

I am currently on a gravel tandem tour of Norway

Maybe there’s nobody on the back…

Matt_SS_xc

Great advice, thank you. I will make XXL the first stop!

duncancallum

@Anus i believe is Norway

manmurray

Fara have their shop near the centre of town, though XXL might have a bigger choice

https://faracycling.com/experience-center.php

mert
    Free Member

Didn’t know there were any Bike Brothers in Oslo, but they are absolutely horrible in the SW of the country, unless you want to buy outdated open mould bikes for maximum penger

:D Good to know! Only popped in as i was passing on my way to an event and sort of needed some bits, they didn’t have them, but then again, virtually nowhere has tub cement or CX sized double chainrings.

So i managed without.

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

this is the former ‘@Anus’ not that I run a MTB guide company I thought I best change my name to something more respectable! Haha

i do indeed live in Norway. Disclaimer: I am sponsored by this shop but Birk is a good shop and should have what you need!
    https://maps.app.goo.gl/2xFHVQPcDyajtjge9?g_st=com.google.maps.preview.copy

(There’s also one on the west side of the city)

XXL is more like Halfords/generic sport shop.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.