Home Forums Bike Forum OS Maps for Garmin Edge 810

• This topic has 10 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by dcl.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • OS Maps for Garmin Edge 810
  • dcl

I am sure this has been done before but looking for a maps on an SD so I can download routes when going to new places and abroad.

Cheers in advance

sundaywobbler

Talky toaster used to be the place to go if you want to buy them installed on a SD card.

However, if you’ve already got the card just google ‘DC Rainmaker garmin maps for free’ and there is a walk through guide which means you get them for nothing.  They are good too, used them for numerous trips around Europe.

dcl

Brilliant!

sundaywobbler

Home

Talkytoaster link above.  I have no affiliation by the way, just who I have used previously.  On an 810 too FWIW.

sarawak
    Free Member

enmac
    Free Member

I use these for abroad :-

https://openmtbmap.org

dcl

I seem to be a computer idiot and can get it on an SD card but doesn’t seem to read on the Garmin.

Does anyone have some stupid proof instructions!  The DC rainmaker one doesn’t work.

PJay
    Free Member

The maps need to be in a folder named Garmin in the root of the SD card (there should be a Garmin folder already in place in the internal memory of the GPS too). You can enable/disable various maps from the GPS’s settings.

breninbeener

There is a Garmin folder in both the sd card and on the device. If you put the map in one and not the other it doesnt work.

Also, have you unzipped the file as in dcr’s instructions?

Lummox

Another vote for tally toaster, no complaints here at all. Seemed very reasonable all in

dcl

Ok
    I have overcome my computer stupidity and realised that you cannot use a 64GB sd card with a Garmin.

Used a 4GB old one and worked straight away!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘OS Maps for Garmin Edge 810’ is closed to new replies.