Home Forums Bike Forum Orro road bikes – opinions?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Orro road bikes – opinions?
  • kevin1911

I’m considering getting a new road bike some time this year. I keep looking at the Orro bikes (such as the Venturi STC) and think they look great and seem like very good value. I was all set to buy but then saw some YouTube videos from a few years back where they strip the bikes down and they had nothing positive to say about the quality of the frames. Anyone got any real-life up-to-date experience with them?

Cheers!

MoreCashThanDash

There’s a few Orro owners in our club and never heard anyone say bad things about them. Often to be had for discounts as well.

ads678

I have a Planet X carbon road bike, I bet they’d slag that off as well, but I think it’s a lovely ride and it hasn’t broken under my 105kgs lard arse!

I’ve looked at Orro bikes before and thought they looked good but the spec wasn’t great for the price at the time. There always seemed to be a good deal on something better specc’d….

Maybe more recent ones are better, or the competition has disappeared.

mboy
    Free Member

They’re Chinese carbon open mould frames, much like most non mainstream brands…

But then there’s very little wrong with that these days, especially at the price point they sell at.

Can you get better…? Yes, of course you can… But it will cost obviously…

Can you get better for the money…? Possibly, but rarely through a bricks and mortar bike shop that’s for sure…

If you like the look, it fits what you want from a road bike, it fits you well and it’s in your budget, then crack on… Just don’t expect a high end, hi-mod frame with stifness and handling to rival the very best, that’s all…

mrb123
    Free Member

Had a Terra C for a while. Bike was pretty tidy but had a fairly poor experience with Orro over a minor warranty issue.

The Venturi looks tidy but reckon I’d want to weigh one for myself before buying one, they do look a bit porky.

kevin1911

Great thanks everyone!

jonba
    Free Member

They seem nice. Got a few in our club.

If you are buying online then have a look at the Felt offers on Merlin. Some great deals. Especially if you buy the boxed version and put it together yourself.

https://www.merlincycles.com/felt-road-320572/

susepic

I bough a gold stc frame in late 22,and built it up. V happy with it. Rides very comfortably, stiff with good compliance, frame finish is really good. Had good support from Orro when I had a couple of setup Qs.

I am in Sussex, and they’re pretty popular round here. Lots of the Sussex Nomads CC are riding them (mostly Gold endurance).

They seem to get good reviews in the cycling press. Their website says they design their own frames and own their own moulds.

They are owned by I-ride who also import de rosa, and various other cycling stuff

https://road.cc/content/feature/new-bikes-and-new-ideas-orro-300649

susepic

If you’re not in a tearing hurry, worth also subscribing to their email feed and insta as they have good offers a couple of times a year.

Bullet

Terra C here and loving it. Rides really nice and seems well built…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.