Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Ordnance Survey have (finally) released an iPad app…
  • allthegear
    Free Member

Installing it now. Will be interesting to see how it competes with the others (and what the price of mapping is…)

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/os-mapfinder/id577097874?mt=8

Rachel

mashiehood
    Free Member

Top In App Purchases

1:50k SZ07£0.69
    1:25k SZ39£2.49
    1:25k SZ29£2.49
    1:25k SZ19£2.49
    1:25k SZ09£2.49
    1:25k SU30£2.49
    1:25k SU20£2.49
    1:25k SU10£2.49
    1:25k SU00£2.49

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

•A free OS Landranger and OS Explorer map tile of Exeter

Well that’s me sorted for maps then.

mmel
    Free Member

Anyone know if you can upload GPX files to it?

excitable1
    Free Member

I made some reps’ about this to someone who was off to see and consult with the OS early last year and I suggested almost exactly this. I pointed out that there were very few of us who would pay out over a £100 notes a time for a full digital OS when it couldn’t be split up and used across different devices and what we needed is to be able to just down load what we need when we need it at a minimal cost and be able to keep it (the same way iTunes operate), and then most would start using the system. I feel all vindicated now…

… as long as the tiles you purchase don’t cost the earth and can be used on other devices and a PC. It would be nice to know you could buy a few tiles to cover a new route and then be able to upload them into your Garmin (Edge 800)… but if it’s going to cost £50 to get enough tiles just to get round Ladybower then I shall continue using my other source 😉

Very interested to see the results of your trials allthegear.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I already have the OS SE maps on my phone, cant recall how much i paid, think it was 15 quid. Whats the difference?

excitable1
    Free Member

Just read up on it. Apple only, tiles non transferable and only 10k x 10k. Crap.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Ordnance Survey have (finally) released an iPad app…’ is closed to new replies.