Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Ordnance Survey Getamap Rocks!
  • flanagaj
    Free Member

Having failed to get on with Memory Map I stumbled across OS Getamap last week. All I can say is it rocks and for £18 / year you cannot go wrong. I have mapped a few routes already and then you can simply export them straight onto your Garmin. The web site has a button to detect your device. Very straight forward.

Keep up the good work OS, as this is one mapping tool that is spot on for us mountain bikers!

Not sure where this leaves memory map 😳

poly
    Free Member

Any option to output to smartphone?

mulacs

Think you should be able to make it work with RouteBuddy, I’m trialling atm (iOS)… The online maps are ok if you have good signal(haw haw), however you can download any OS sheet in the usual scales to the device. In other words, OS 1:25k map, gps, tracking, compass, waymarkers, exportable routes. Maps are pricy though, 20£ a pop, but then it’s in your pocket. Paper map Killer.

poly
    Free Member

flanagaj
    Free Member

Not sure about smart phone, but the site says they are adding support for devices other than Garmin

mulacs

ok, this is brilliant. you can export from routebuddy your gpx files into the os site and you can create a route and export to a gpx file, which then will load into routebuddy on the iphone. Seriously impressed with this all, and in theory you could use all this for free. top notch.

sturider

Brilliant. I can map using my Mac and export to my Garmin. 🙂

Bez

Doesn’t work at all here (yes, got the plugin installed) – anyone got it working on Ubuntu? Just get the ticker, then a blank.

Janesy
    Free Member

This is a great program. Tried it last night. Will be paying this evening.
    Well done OS!!

poly
    Free Member

Bez, I’ve just tried in Mint (using Chromium browser) the “moonlight” plugin installs but when you then go to getamap I just get a blank browser window…

epicyclo

Looks great, but doesn’t perform.

Keep getting a message about inability to load tiles.

Janesy
    Free Member

There is nothing wrong with the OS site – its your Browser or operating system. Its probably desined for the masses with whether you like it or not is Windows XP / 7 and Internet Explorer.

Works fine.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Ordnance Survey Getamap Rocks!’ is closed to new replies.