Home Forums Bike Forum Orbea Rise Demo or Hire?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Orbea Rise Demo or Hire?
  • bigalid

I’m looking at buying a Orbea rise M20 to replace my full fat ebike.

Looking online I can find penty of good deals trying to clear stock for the new model, but I cant find anywhere in the north west of england doing demo’s or hire.

I really want to take one out for the day, to check if the battery will last long enough for my usual riding (My current Ebike is going because the range is abysmal)

Does anyone know anywhere doing demos / hiring out Orbea rise’s?

Going to phone round my local shops but was hoping someone can steer me in the right direction

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

I believe Pedals in Edinburgh had one for a while if that’s not too far. Good guys to deal with also

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I did a demo day with leisure lakes

phil5556

Where are you?

bigalid

I’m in the South Lakes, And my usual Bike shop is Wheelbase in Staveley, but last time I asked about trying a bike they could only let me ride it round the car park.

Annoyingly I just missed a demo day at Whinlatter that included Orbea

scaredypants

place at grisedale has had at least one (last year)

thegeneralist
    Free Member

believe Pedals in Edinburgh had one for a while if that’s not too far. Good guys to deal with also

Agreed they are sound. Bought my Occam from them and they were very helpful

phil5556

Oops sorry, I missed you’d already said where you are.

Maybe ask on the Rise FB page if there’s anyone local?

phil5556

They’ve got an ex demo Large here https://cyclewise.co.uk/bike-hire-demo-bikes/ex-hire-bikes-for-sale

Maybe they’ll let you take it out?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’m looking at buying a Orbea rise M20 to replace my full fat ebike.

I really want to take one out for the day, to check if the battery will last long enough for my usual riding (My current Ebike is going because the range is abysmal)

The new Rise is different to the old one though. ie bigger batteries, more power (in certain modes), stiffer frame, more travel (depending on SL or LT).

Also if you going from a full fat and eating the range, your are probably going to do even more so on a ‘light weight’ e bike. These type of bike are not supposed to be ridden high power all the time.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

cyclegear halifax had a sign up for demo bikes hire 1/2 day full day when i was in last

Blackflag
    Free Member

If your issue with your current bike is range why are you after an SL type bike?

riggsy
    Free Member

MTB Monster in Blackburn stock them and have them for demo

gazzab1955

Just had this from Orbea ….

Come to Ard Rock and try our bikes. Come and find us in Ard Rock Festival from July 26 to 28 to test our latest range of electric and non-electric mountain bikes all weekend. Available to test is our new Rise lightweight eMTB, in its SL and LT versions, as well as our gravity and enduro focused Wild. We will also have our non-electric Occam trail bike available to try. Festival entry tickets are still available.
    May not suit you as I guess you would have to buy a ticket for the event, but it isn’t too far from the southern lakes area.

I would also agree with some of the other posts, i.e. more range = a bigger battery = a beefed up frame, all of which = more weight

bigalid

Thanks for all your replies, I will try and get down to MTB monster and blag a demo.

In answer to the question of why a lightweight bike not a bigger Ebike, i’ve had a “Full fat” enduro spec 160/160 ebike, and once the battery dies it is a misserable experience trying to get the thing back to the van (It very nearly got thrown in a bush at Gisburn, when it decided to die at the top of Hully Gully and I had to manhandle it all the way back to the car park)

I know a guy who has a Gen-1 rise and he says he can happily ride it with the motor turned off. And I think that is what I am looking for, something I can peddal about with no or minimal assistance, then turn it up for the steep bits (Unfortunately he rides a small and I am very much in the XL size bracket, so I cant try his)

weeksy

The Gen2 Rise with the EP6RS isn’t as nice without power as the EP8RS version, deffo more drag and a harsher cut out

b33k34

The Gen2 Rise with the EP6RS isn’t as nice without power as the EP8RS version, deffo more drag and a harsher cut out

The only difference between the EP6 and EP8 is supposedly an aluminium casing rather the magnesium.  Personally I find if I start riding the Shimano motor with the power off it feels just fine – there really isn’t any significant drag at all.  But if you’ve been riding it with the power on and then try your expectations have changed and it feels like a boat anchor – so at the end of the day when you’re tired and you run the battery flat  it feels hard work (even though it’s no worse than a regular bike).

In terms of range I get 1200-1400m of vertical on the gen1 with 360 battery (in a mix of eco and trail) as an 85kg rider kitted up.

The new Rise is supposed to be basically the same weight – the changes to frame weight are negligible (I think I read the brace added 50g) and the batteries are lighter than before (the 420 is lighter than the old 360, the 630 600g heavier than the 360.

2000m + vertical days should be no problem unless you stick it in full power mode and use a lot of boost.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.