Home Forums Bike Forum Orbea Occam tighten main pivot bolt?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Orbea Occam tighten main pivot bolt?
  • blitz

Hi, know theres a few Occam owners about. My main pivot bolt has developed a fair bit of play. I was looking to tighten it up can’t work out how.

The owners manual describes an M5 expander bolt with a torque of 5nm but then on the diagram it points to what I think is the main pivot axle, but it’s not clear and this has a torque of 20nm.

It looks like you need to take out the expander bolt and expander cone to then maybe get to the main pivot axle? I’ve taken the expander bolt out but can’t see how to get the expander cone out?

Any clues or am I way off?

Here’s the manual

https://www.orbea.com/gb-en/support/manuals/occam-carb-tech-doc-2016/

bigfoot
    Free Member

seems to be the same setup as on my rallon. did the bearings the other week and wasn’t sure myself as lbs has done them in the past, anyway if i remember right an allen key fits into the expander cone and turning it breaks it free. it went with a far old crack when it freed up and at first i thought i’d broken something but all seemed ok.

not so sure tightening everything back up will get rid of the play, anytime i’ve had play there its needed new bearings.

blitz

Thanks. I was going to get the bearings replaced anyway as I’ve never had them done and it’s over 3 years old now but thought I might improve it temporarily at least by tightening.

richardk
    Free Member

If it’s like my Oiz, then get it out and check it can rotate freely.  The rotation of the pivot is actually quite small, so you may get some benefit from taking it out and moving it around so that a different part of the bearing takes the load.

Taking it out will also enable you to check the bearing has free movement, I’d be surprised if it does after 3 years…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Orbea Occam tighten main pivot bolt?’ is closed to new replies.