Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Orange P7 Owners – what fork do you have??
  • waihiboy
    Free Member

Currently have 100mm Rebas, time i changed to a 130 or 140 fork as not doing the frame justice, I want to fit a coil fork, i want non-bolt thru (maxle) as i cant afford a new wheel.

I fancy Fox Vanilla but am worried it might be too slack (if thats the right terminology) and it will lift/float on the uphills.

I guess the only other option is coil revs but they are like rocking horse poo these days! I guess i woulnt really notice the 10mm difference anyway

cheers for any help

snakebiter
    Free Member

i run a set of pikes on mine
    my mates got a pr of vanillas – he loves them

Richyb
    Free Member

Coil Revs on mine but ridden one with Vanillas as well which worked great.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Well Orange see fit to ship the P7 with a Vanilla so it will only feel slack while you get used to not being 100mm.

Shame they don’t do a travel adjust Vanilla really…

ml
    Free Member

I’ve got the forks that came with the bike, Fox 32 Vanilla R 140mm. They do sometimes feel a little floaty, but I’m getting used to them. Sorry, I can’t really compare against anything else.

FieldMarshall

I’ve got an 07 frame and was originally running Fox Talas 125mm.

Have Pikes on FS and was thinking about getting same for P7, but like you didn’t want expense of 20mm front wheel.

Opted for 140mm Van R as that is standard spec and thought that it would be a safe bet.

No regrets, fanstatic fork, really plush, good small bump sensitivity and bike feels spot on.

waihiboy
    Free Member

cheers all…

ive emailed a few shops to check if they are in stock, most of them have said they can get the Vans in no problem but order by the end of the month as "Fox are putting ALL the prices up!"

anybody heard this aswell?

ziggy
    Free Member

Depends on the model year of your P7 but it may not be suitable for longer forks, IIRC it was 2006 onwards that the frame was redsigned.

I had Pace Xcams on mine set at 130mm travel, very plush, however I went back to shorter travel forks and a different frame as it’s too flat round here 😥

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

For Hardcore HTs, can you not run a big fork with quite a lot of sag?

clareymorris

I’ve got a 2005 frame running 2008 air revs.
    It works for me!

enfht
    Free Member

I have Vanilla Rs, can’t fault ’em

stevemcnalls
    Free Member

Vanilla R’s for me also – Have no complaints at all.

Steve

MikeT-23
    Free Member

My ’04 frame is still coupled with the Manitou Skareb Comps (100mil)that came with it. I recently put some air in ’em, and it’s like riding a different bike.
    Mind you, I’m not riding as much as I should, so take from the above what you will.

waihiboy
    Free Member

cheers all. think the Vans have won!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Orange P7 Owners – what fork do you have??’ is closed to new replies.