Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • OrangE
  • brant
    Free Member

View this post on Instagram

What's this??? OrangE #orangebikes #thebikeplaceshow

A post shared by Orange Bikes (@orangebikes) on

jam-bo

Awesome. Motorised filing cabinet.

ton

why does this not suprise me, from the biggest ‘jump on the bandwagon’ bike maker.

single speeds, 29er, now ebikes.
    watch this space for a orange fatbike…………. 😆

Goldigger
    Free Member

Brilliant I can now catch my mates uphill on a 5, find my 5 hard work uphill…Maybe to much pizza!

brant
    Free Member

why does this not suprise me. Ton moaning about “the biggest jump on the bandwagon” bike maker.
    🙂

mcnultycop

It’s pretty awful looking.

stevedoc
    Free Member

Screw the ebike ..my hearts here

ton

brant – Member
    why does this not suprise me. Ton moaning about “the biggest jump on the bandwagon” bike maker.

like a elephant, i never forget…….. 😀

Denis99
    Free Member

I like it, good to see Orange dipping their toe into serious e mountain bike territory.

Ultimate uplift bike , and very good for those French alp long days out.

dumbbot
    Free Member

Pass the eye bleach, it’s a fnurking monstrosity.

z1ppy

Love it, if only it would come to market soon so I don’t have to buy the Trek, especially as it has got bloody + wheels
    Any one actually tried the Shimano motor? (compared the the Bosch one)

P-Jay
    Free Member

Wow, the company that is yet to discover linkages, discovers electricity!

Seriously though, there’s no sense in moaning about it, like all the other innovations in 12 months time when the mags start talking about “mechanical bikes” with a face like someone’s waving a shitty stick under their nose it’s all over – it’ll be 50lbs assisted bikes all around.

Denis99
    Free Member

Yep, pity it’s not available now.

Just placed an order for a new full suss ebike last week.
    Felt Redemption with the tried Bosch system, it does have the new SRAM Ex 1 drive components though.

Four different ebike systems out there now.
    Bosch, Yamaha, Shimano and the Specialized system.

The Shimano one looks interesting and is sure to be a big player in this sector very soon.

moonsaballoon

Write up of the stage 5 over on enduro magazine , looks great but £5500 puts it against some tough competition . There will be cheaper specs I’m sure but I always get a bit disappointed with the value on the full build oranges

mickmcd
    Free Member

Know what’s great about e bikes. Soon this forum will be renamed to piston heads as modifications and lowering become the norm

It won’t be long before ebikes have a full 6 speaker surround sound built in

nosedive
    Free Member

I wonder what bull the magazine reviews will come up with to try and persuade us that 50lb bikes are actually fun to ride downhill while they support the industry in marketing this latest fad.

mickmcd
    Free Member

Cue marketing of lightweight wars for ebikes to push cost up to 20k

soundninjauk

When I’m older I can definitely see the appeal of an e-bike, helping me get out and about into the depths of the countryside like I can now.

I’m really hoping by then that they’ve shrunk some of the bits down, as right now I haven’t seen one that I really like the looks of. I guess that’s mainly limitations in battery technology.

As it is though, that OrangE looks like a tank.

nonk
    Free Member

To be fair ton I’m not sure you can call flogging the same single pivot bike for the past 400 years jumping on the bandwagon

LMT
    Free Member

Saw these on facebook, the stage 5 looks perfect for my style of biking, I just don’t have that sort of money to drop on a bike, if they do a frame only version or a low end budget one I could be seriously tempted, just depends on cost plus I was looking at a stumpjumper as my next bike and they come in small which the Orange doesn’t they seem to fall out with us shorties on there 29ers!

Goldigger
    Free Member

£110 per 1lb of bike 😀

I reckon you could squeeze a car sat nav unit in that down tube..Ok screen would be obstructed, but you can just listen to the annoying voice talking.

matt_outandabout

eBike, meh, maybe another couple of decades and I’m interested…

The stage 5 and Four however…

legend
    Free Member

Weird that gearboxes would be too hard to work with frame designs yet motors are absolutely fine……

roverpig

Like it or not, e-bikes are a growing segment of the market. Now call me strange, but I’d quite like a company that employs people in the UK to stay in business. So, while I have no interest in e-bikes I wish them luck in capturing a part of this market.

nosedive
    Free Member

I hope it falls on its arse and costs them a shed load of money

Rubber_Buccaneer

gearboxes would be too hard

I looked at the way the motor is mounted and thought ‘why couldn’t you have made a pinion bike?’ but the reality is ebikes have taken off in a way that gearboxes just didn’t

cheddarchallenged
    Free Member

Wow – so much negativity…

Good luck to them – a small company that’s innovating and has come up with an eBike that isn’t half as ugly as many of the alternatives from bigger manufacturers.

robgclarkson
    Free Member

nosedive – Member

yep… me too, not just orange, this whole ebike thing… i mean… come on!!!

ton

a small company that’s innovating

eh? are you pissed or what?
    name me one innovative thing that orange have done.

matt_outandabout

name me one innovative thing that orange have done.

Monocoque frames.
    Single pivot FS.
    Marketing lifestyle as much as bikes and selling cheaper bikes through image of expensive ones.
    Continued manufacture in UK when I’m sure it would be cheaper elsewhere.
    Being able to custom spec (to a limited extent) new bike.

ton

pretty sure santa cruz and turner brought out single pivot before orange. i may be wrong, but i dont think i am.

monocoque was probably gt or lotus.

legend
    Free Member

but the reality is ebikes have taken off in a way that gearboxes just didn’t

but then again gearboxes have never had the marketing machines going full-tilt behind them #makesyouthink

wiggles
    Free Member

but then again gearboxes have never had the marketing machines going full-tilt behind them #makesyouthink

Marketing something that makes your bike heavier and harder to pedal is always going to be harder than something that makes it heavier but easier to pedal 😉

thats a bit extreme/personal, did someone at orange **** your mum or something?

legend
    Free Member

Marketing something that makes your bike heavier and harder to pedal is always going to be harder than something that makes it heavier but easier to pedal

Well the current ones from small companies do. Imagine if ZF got involved as heavily as Bosch have with e-bikes……

somafunk

For a prototype it looks good with the integrated battery and i imagine they’ll be able to reduce the weight when they put it into production, when the time comes to change my Scott E-Genius 710 i’d be very interested in it.

Denis99
    Free Member

The ebike hate comes out on virtually every thread related to ebikes these days.

I don’t get it……

If you don’t like ebikes , then don’t buy one.

If you don’t like full suss bikes, then don’t buy one.

If you don’t like hardtail, then don’t buy one.

There’s a theme here.

No one is going to force you to buy a bike you don’t want.

If nobody , or very few people, buy ebikes, then they will die a natural death.

Well done to Orange for offering a bit more choice with the Shimano motor.
    Be nice to see some gearbox bikes as well.

greyspoke
    Free Member

Well the current ones from small companies do. Imagine if ZF got involved as heavily as Bosch have with e-bikes……

The fact that they haven’t, and the fact that Honda tried an alternative drive system with its DH bike and didn’t use cogs, and the fact that the mighty Shimano can’t do gearboxes that are as light and mechanically efficient at their chain and cog drivetrains, strongly suggests it really is difficult to do.

But the straight-cut dog box from Quaife will be interesting when it comes out.

tomhoward

Could someone pop round to Boltonjons house an check he’s ok? This thread has been up more than 7 hrs and he hasn’t posted how stupid e bikes are yet. I’m a bit worried.

I wouldn’t buy one for 2 reasons.

Firstly, it’s an orange full suss
    Secondly, I already have a levo fsr

Echo the lolz around them making an ebike before a regular one with modern suspension/materials…

taxi25
    Free Member

The ebike hate comes out on virtually every thread related to ebikes these days

I don’t think it’s hate so much, more a reaction to this sort of opinion.

Seriously though, there’s no sense in moaning about it, like all the other innovations in 12 months time when the mags start talking about “mechanical bikes” with a face like someone’s waving a shitty stick under their nose it’s all over – it’ll be 50lbs assisted bikes all around.

That certainty that ebikes will take over the planet 😆
    They won’t there is a market for them but it’ll always be a very small percentage of overall Mtb sales.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘OrangE’ is closed to new replies.