Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • OrangE
  • mickmcd
    Free Member

But the straight-cut dog box from Quaife will be interesting when it comes out.

Wouldn’t that just be called a pinion with a motor?

Secondly is making a bike scream it bollocks off the e bike eqivalent as a really loud freehub?

Wookster

I think it looks alright actually! The big boxy tube hide the battery etc quite well.

zero-cool
    Free Member

As far as E-bikes go I like it as much as any other and more than some.

I thought the box section downtube was an ideal place for the battery.

Also the single pivot works and rides well so why complicate things with extra pivots?

Tom KP

singlespeedstu

The ebike hate comes out on virtually every thread related to ebikes these days.

I don’t get it……
    It’s just the new thing to hate.
    No different to BITD when there was hate for suss forks, disc brakes, full suss bikes, singlespeeds,29ers, fatbikes. The list goes on…
    Some people just love to hate and forums give them a platform for it.

Marin
    Free Member

Ebikes are the future. Give it a few years for me to obviously get older and the bikes better I’ll get one. Great for Alps, big mountain exploration days, self uplift. Plus I’m a huge Orange fan.

Northwind

Said this in the other thread (which is more about the 29ers) but IMO that’s the best looking e-bike to date. The boxy chunky frame gives them the space to hide the battery, and the motor doesn’t look so out of place.

P-Jay – Member

Wow, the company that is yet to discover linkages, discovers electricity!

Orange have done a linkage bike. Just, nobody bought it, because it wasn’t a proper orange.

chakaping
    Free Member

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, obviously.

I think that’s grotesque in a way that even other e-bikes rarely manage.

No hate for them as a concept BTW, just aesthetically.

yossarian
    Free Member

It’s just the new thing to hate.
    No different to BITD when there was hate for suss forks, disc brakes, full suss bikes, singlespeeds,29ers, fatbikes. The list goes on…
    Some people just love to hate and forums give them a platform for it.

I think it’s more than that. IMO a bicycle is powered by the rider, not a **** battery. Yes, it prolongs the riding lifespan of older/injured folk and who doesn’t want that? But they ain’t bicycles. What concerns/amuses me is the cycling media’s response to them….

singlespeedstu

I think it’s more than that. IMO a bicycle is powered by the rider, not a **** battery.

But just like the other things which have got some peoples underwear in a knot no one is forcing anyone to buy one.

Northwind

yossarian – Member

I think it’s more than that. IMO a bicycle is powered by the rider, not a **** battery.

By which definition, this is a bicycle, since it’s powered by the rider. Pedelecs just give pedal assist, they don’t move if you don’t pedal.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Yeah, and my motorcycle doesn’t move if I don’t twist the throttle 🙂 Burn the ebikers 😈

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘OrangE’ is closed to new replies.