• This topic has 10 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by jeff.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Options for dab and Bluetooth in car
  • dufresneorama
    Free Member

Got me a berlingo but no dab or BT.

Could hook up the phone to the the aux in, but really eats through my data listening to Internet radio.

Seen the plug in ebay options with stick on windscreen aerial, are these any good? There are more expensive (pure, nextbase) options that look similar. Or should I just bite the bullet and get new head unit and aerial fitted?

northshoreniall

After previous thread here got one of these: https://majority.co.uk/products/journey-a10/
    Great bit of kit and can either transmit fm to car stereo or use line in. Was a good deal on Amazon at the time.
    Dab radio, bluetooth calls and can play spotify/ music from my phone to it.
    Real east to install/ set up too, I just use the fm and mostly no issues, odd time if go somewhere local radio close to frequency I’m using I just retune, or if another vehicle nearby using same frequency get some disturbut not much.

Dolcered

I got a Pure Highway dab fitted for Christmas, been pretty good, another unit on the dash, but doesn’t get in the way.
    car already had Bluetooth though, so I didn’t have to add that,

meeeee
    Free Member

I got an adaptor from Amazon, about £35, it’s bluefree I think, but there’s loads that are identical when you search for car dab adaptor.

Anyway reception is pretty good, I live in the countryside so limited choice, but I can get radio 6, and when I go down the motorway picks up all the others. Dead easy to fit as well. Only slight annoyance is a faint high pitched noise , more noticeable when theres just chatting on the radio rather than music, and not noticeable at all when I’m going down the motorway with road noise and the music turned up.

tewit
    Free Member

I’ve had the Majority Journey one for a couple of months and it’s pretty good for the money but the stick on aerial is not great for various parts of the valleys where I live.
    Where my wife’s car with the proper built in DAB radio loses signal for a couple of seconds, for the Majority, it’s almost a 2 mile radius. I’ve ordered an adapter to connect it to the cars aerial which I’ve heard sorts any large signal problems out.

butcher

I got a new DAB/Bluetooth headunit which was on offer at Halfords for £40. They’re dirt cheap now. Had to buy the handsfree kit separate which was around another £15. But been using that for more than 3 years now.

That’s all with a sticky-on windscreen aerial which works great. As good as any FM antenna I’ve had.

alanl
    Free Member

The Majority A10 is around £38, not the ridiculous £119 on their website. I got it for £35 from Majority a couple of months ago when they had a sale on.I’m on their mailing list, they haev a sale around every 3 months, so one is due pretty soon (probably why they have it priced at £119 on the site now)
    Pretty good for the money, better than my Pure DAB in my old car.
    Luckily my standard radio has both a line (jack) in and a USB, so I dont have to use the cigarette adaptor to power it, and dont use the FM transmitter for it to talk to the car radio.
    I’ve got it clipped onto the air vents, so it isnt too obtrusive.
    It isnt perfect, but for less than £40, its a bargain.

dufresneorama
    Free Member

Cheers everyone… I’ll keep my eyes open for some sort of bargain. Only worry was cables all over the place with the adapters but sure I could live with some clutter.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Got a 12gb plan on my mobile and Internet radio, Spotify etc barely make much of a dent on a daily drive (up to an hour each way per day).

Also despite wanting to get a proper aux in on my old Civ, I’ve been using an FM transmitter and got it working well now, much better quality than over the air FM. Transmitter on parcel shelf near antenna in rear window, and Spotify and couple other apps have decent equaliser and that makes a big difference to stock audio from the phone which just sounds flat.

Anyway, does me and no need for DAB.

olly2097
    Free Member

£120 will get you a nice pioneer dab/Bluetooth stereo and the aerial sorted.

Just be aware on the Berlingo some have an anti glare coating on the windscreen liken the xtr model which those stick on aerials don’t like, you’ll end up with patchy signal and just BBC stations. I made my own dab aerial with coax and heat shrink dogged onto the FM aerial and it works a treat. If you need help I’ll explain.

Also note the wiring is multiplexed in the Berlingo so you need a permanent live to tap into to power the stereo properly. Easy enough. Or buy expensive connects2 boxes if you really need to keep the stalk controls.

I can recommend the pioneer as you can change the screen colour to match the rest of the dash (orange) so it looks more fitting at night.

jeff

Pure Highway 600 here – not bad for the money (black friday price from Halfords)

My car has cig lighter socket next to the aux socket, so wiring is pretty tidy.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Options for dab and Bluetooth in car’ is closed to new replies.