Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Optilabs
  • BigDummy
    Free Member

I dropped my Optilabs bike specs on the bathroom floor yesterday, snapping one of the arms.

Called Optilabs today to see whether they could sell me a pair of replacement arms or whether I needed a whole new pair of glasses.

Apparently my glasses were still covered by a warranty which, amongst other things, covers them for being dropped on the floor and broken by clumsy berks. I paid postage only, they are sending me a new pair of arms which should be with me tomorrow.

My cockles were warmed by such magnificent service. That is all. 🙂

glenp
    Free Member

Optilabs are brill. And very pleasant to talk to too.

simonm
    Free Member

I'm in the market for some new glasses, I currently use Oakly 5's but considering Optilabs, How do you find the glasses ? Any problems with distortion of vision due to the curves ?

Pete
    Free Member

I have optilabs glasses with varifocals, very pleased with them, they made them with the reading focal part slightly lower than my normal glasses as they are used more for distance than reading.

Richie_B

Never noticed any distortion but my prescription is fairly weak. Again can't fault their service

glenp
    Free Member

Years ago I splurged big money on prescription Oakleys, only to find they made me feel a bit dizzy and sick! Optilabs just seem to go unnoticed, apart from some steaming up due to ultra close fit.

simonm
    Free Member

thanks for the feedback. Interesting Glen.. I get that with some Rudy projects with inserts that I have. Cheers.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Another thumbs up from me for Optilabs-great service, great optics with no distortion and comfortable straight arm frames a'la' Oakley style but without that ridiculous price tag.

samuri
    Free Member

I think they're great. My first pair of glasses from them didn't fit very well so they just replaced them with an entirely new pair, different model, different lenses. They also stuck a cheque in the box to pay for the postage.

Can't recommend them enough. They really do make sure you get what you want. And the technical guys do know their stuff.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Optilabs’ is closed to new replies.