Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Opel/Vauxhall Meriva opinions.
  • Mackem

Anyone use one for bike carrying duties? Any good?

Cheers.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Hi – I have a 1.4. 3 years old and bought from Vauxhall so it came with 1 year of warranty. It had already been discounted but I negotiated a further cheeky discount on top.

I can get my bike in the back without taking the front wheel off. (I have some cheap Tesco seat covers on the front 2 seats, and a couple of ground sheets in the back). I bought the car for the space/utility rather than performance. The seats fold nice and flat, and you have various seat folding options, so yes, as a bike carrying car it is excellent.

If you can afford it go for a 1.6 as the 1.4 just does not have much poke at all. I was not too worried about that myself as I am not a quick driver, although some overtaking oomph would be useful.

Other things to note if you are buying second hand was that I think there was an engine change in 2005 and the new engines were said to be much better. The CD is not brill, but liveable with, and the front arches on the window are not fantastic for visibility at roundabouts.

So in all, not a sexy car at all but I really like mine and great for biking. Not enthralling to drive, but I find the sitting/driving position very comfortable.

Mackem

Sounds like just what I want, there's a low mileage diesel for sale down the road from me.

woodsman
    Free Member

Briefly, have some expreience. Two bikes fit fine without taking wheels off, all in all pretty reasonable from what I can remember.

davo
    Free Member

i have a meriva 1.7 cdti. great economy clever the way the seats fold down flat almost like a van. i don't know how you guys are getting bikes in without taking at least the front wheel out? had mine for 3 years 40,000 miles and no problems at all.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Opel/Vauxhall Meriva opinions.’ is closed to new replies.