• This topic has 157 replies, 46 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Mark.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 158 total)
  • OOO, can we change our name tags again…
  • rOcKeTdOg

Aye, in a cash for honours way.

RoCKetDog in a pot/kettle jam. You seem to be the only one who’s kept that spunky mix of upper and lower case characters

well my original registered forum name was like that, not my fault everyone changed theirs and then got reverted to their original.

Mantastic
    Free Member

“Anyway I predict that tag-envy will create such flaming from the minnows/poor/those who’ve not earned it that it will never happen again”

And there lies in one of the reasons people think you are a bit of a pecker. You may well be a lovely person in real life but on here you are certainly portraying yourself to be a bit of an arse.

Personally I behave and communicate on here the same as I do in the real word, its a sad place if you are one person behind the keyboard and another in the real world. If indeed you are like this in reality I assume your dinner parties or social gatherings are pretty lonely.

It’s some of the big hitter’s that bitch amongst themselves that is slowly ruining this forum

expects full backlash from said bit hitter, **shakes in boots***

Cougar

as to having “earned it”, well you “donated” money to get one so that’s rubbish, I’ve got better things in real life to spend money on

Like the [P] next to your name?

(-:

Pook

careful Cougar, we’ll be in the realms of P-ness envy next….

scaredypants

You know, I’m fairly sure that Al isn’t taking this seriously but it’s clear that many others are. That’s the odd bit.

wwaswas

I behave and communicate on here the same as I do in the real wor[l]d

No one does. Everyone presents a persona.

Even in different real world environments we behave differently. At work, at home, in church, whatever – we present a face to the world that reflects how we wish to be perceived in that place at that time.

It’s not wrong, it’s just human.

leffeboy

extra points for Pook there 🙂 – can he get a tag for that?

uselesshippy
    Free Member

No, I act the same in real life
    I’m a **** and proud.

vinnyeh

You know, I’m fairly sure that Al isn’t taking this seriously but it’s clear that many others are. That’s the odd bit.

I suspect that Al takes his attention-whoring extremely seriously.

Drac

Secondly,if we can change these, then why aren’t we doing it for people suspected of being scammers, or people who use the forum just to trade or even those who are in the trade and come here to promote their goods and services “under the radar”?

We ban anyone we’ve identified as traders, we’ve also banned those that we’ve identified as scammers. That’s why you don’t see their tag change. This was done as a bit of a laugh a random spur of the moment thing. For one hour members could donate £5 to have their tag changed for one week. Some took the offer up, others didn’t. Provided some with an ego boost and others just a light hearted tag. It would also seem it’s made others throw teddy out of the pram, poor ted.

leffeboy

… to have their tag changed for one week

You’ve given the game away. I think some thought is was permanent

DezB
    Free Member

Just reminds me of the Dungeons & Dragon nerds I used to work with who set up their logon names as “Oh Lord & Master”, “Flamebutt the slayer”, “Wild heathen dog” etc…

Drac

Sorry Leffe.

Oooh DezB – Dungeon Master

rudebwoy
    Free Member

was thinking of doing fortune telling –the more you pay the better your fortune…..

clubber
    Free Member

So how do we get a new tag?

DezB
    Free Member

Oh god, what have I done? 🙁

leffeboy

Oh god, what have I done?

risked having your tag changed to ‘Flamebutt the slayer’ I think…

clubber
    Free Member

That was the one I particularly liked too 🙂

Mantastic
    Free Member

flamebutt the slayer – brilliant, almost worth paying to become a member and having this tag for a week.

inbred853

STW nerds have come of age 😯

wwaswas

Dungeons & Dragon nerds

Do they have the same problem goign round peoples houses that people on here do – you onyl know their forum name.

It would be bad enough asking if leffeboy could come out and play but asking some bloke’s wife if ‘flamebutt the slayer’ was home would be too much.

dawson

@drac – cheers for the explanation

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Just imagine if we had a STW convention there should be some creative name badges on display as well as outfits 😆

luffy105
    Free Member

Glad it’s not just me who finds the whole forum name/real name issue awkward at times. On a canoe forum I’m a member of I have been on a few paddling trips and it really is wierd when introducing yourself.

My wife looks at me like I’m a bit special when I say I’ve been paddling with chestnut Charlie and skylark. That’s why my forum name is my commonly used nickname and what most people call me (minus the numbers of course)

Dickyboy

people that missed out seem to take it a bit too seriously shock

rOcKeTdOg

Ego feeding seems to be a good money maker for the mag, which will keep it going for longer, so I’ve changed my mind, if all the insecure types can send money in for assorted “look at me” initiatives I might get a free subscription in the long run! I’m all for it 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Hang on, as per scaredypants, do people really think Al isn’t being somewhat disingenuous?

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Some people paid £5 to have their tag changed on a forum for a week? Wow, thats odd. Why would you do that?

Jamie
    Free Member

Why would you do that?

You get to give some cash back to STW Towers, to keep them in hookers and blow, and in return, you get a spiffy name badge.

Everyone’s happy.*

*…or maybe not.

clubber
    Free Member

Because for me at least, it was a reminder that I probably should donate for the classifieds (as I’ve done in the past) as I’ve bought and sold a lot on it and if I got to have a tag that made me smile for a week, all the better. I wouldn’t have paid just for the tag. Each to their own, eh.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Why would you do that?

I assumed it was for charity and would have joined in. If just a revenue raiser I’d not bother.

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Because for me at least, it was a reminder that I probably should donate for the classifieds

I suppose its a bit like people who give to charity and wear the t-shirt/badge to show the world that they’re a generous soul.

Esiest money making idea ever. I have an email from a nigerian asking for my bank details, would like like me to send it to you so we can share the $10 million dollars he’s giving me 😉

wwaswas

as per clubber – I use the classifieds a lot and whilst I have occasionally slipped them £5 or £10 it hasn’t been for a while and this episode prompted me to send some more money their way.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Blimey this has goven me such a laugh (no ego bosst at all). No idea why you’re such a hater RD.

Think I’ll go for “forum smart arse” nest week 😀

bigyinn
    Free Member

clubber – XC Jeyboy

Because for me at least, it was a reminder that I probably should donate for the classifieds (as I’ve done in the past) as I’ve bought and sold a lot on it and if I got to have a tag that made me smile for a week, all the better. I wouldn’t have paid just for the tag. Each to their own, eh.
    This^^^^.
    For me it was donate first, then the mods offered the chance to have a fun / silly / meaningless tag for a week, so I took that option.
    For those who are getting all uppitty, they should think about why they feel that way, not try and read something more into what was supposed to be a bit of a laugh. 🙄

Jamie
    Free Member

It’s just for a week?

😡

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Think I’ll go for “forum smart arse” nest week

So will that cost you another £5?

I’m not uppity about it I was just asking why you would do it. I didn’t notice until it was pointed out, but then again the forum isn’t important to me.

leffeboy

if we could outbid someone to have their tag changed it could be even more fun 👿

Mark

Jamie, are you actually cross about this? really? A spur of the moment funny idea tagged on the back of the free choice of classifieds users to make an occasional donation? Are you actually cross?

Jamie
    Free Member

Jamie, are you actually cross about this? really? A spur of the moment funny idea tagged on the back of the free choice of classifieds users to make an occasional donation? Are you actually cross?

Erm…?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 158 total)

The topic ‘OOO, can we change our name tags again…’ is closed to new replies.