Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Online TV service providers and consumer rights
  • cinnamon_girl

I tried to place an order for a pay monthly package with Eurosp***. I used this last year for the cycling Classics as you weren’t tied in to a contract.

Tried to do the same again recently, Eurosp*** had a glitch on their system, was sent e-mails regarding non-payment and this glitch informed me that I’d signed to a yearly contract. I had not.

E-mailed them right away, heard nothing, e-mailed again, heard nothing. Phoned a number I’d found and, yes, they agreed that there had been a glitch on the system that particular day and would pass on my details. Heard nothing so wrote again telling them to shove it.

I then eventually received a reply, some 10 days after my original e-mail, telling me that I had a year’s contract and couldn’t stop it. Completely ignored my report re their glitch. I informed them that it was my policy not to deal with any company that treats me, a customer, with contempt.

Is this company covered by any trading standards or cooling off period? Has anyone else experienced problems with this company? I feel I’m being intimidated and have taken steps to ensure they can’t access my debit card.

Thanks. 🙂

Edit: Have found plenty of damning criticism of their customer service online.

cinnamon_girl

Bumpity bump. Perlease. 🙂

ComradeD
    Free Member

Ring your bank and raise a dispute

prettygreenparrot

online purchase*. distance selling regulations should apply = cooling off period.

*and not ‘consumed’ immediately like e.g. software or music/single video content

scotroutes

Eurosport.

Edit: not a swear filter then.

rewski
    Free Member

Sounds like you pressed wrong button

cinnamon_girl

Thanks, just caught up. Don’t remember seeing anything about distance selling in their blurb though.

Nope, didn’t press the wrong button but their computer system was doing odd things. 😛

scotroutes

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-contracts-regulations

They’re called Consumer Contract Regulations now.

cinnamon_girl

Thank you scotroutes, that’s helpful. Noticed this although I’ve not logged in to the service so unsure whether or not it applies:

If the service is provided in full within 14 days The right to cancel can be lost during the cancellation period if the service is provided in full before the 14 days elapses.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

If you say that you didn’t enter into a contract then you didn’t enter into a contract regardless of what they say.

scotroutes

I think that applies to services that would be provided as a one-off. Your Eurosport service can’t all have been provided as that lasts 12 months.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Online TV service providers and consumer rights’ is closed to new replies.