Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 630 total)
  • Online dating help…
  • gonefishin
    Free Member

Eh? Was it like deleting an eBay listing before the end – you get inundated with ‘did you ‘sell’, if not I’d be interested so inbox me [sic]’ messages?

Not exactly, no. I said it was the best thing I ever did, I didn’t say I ever got together with anyone.

hels
    Free Member
    jambourgie
    Free Member

Great thread. Especially as I’ve been considering doing the online dating thing. As a happily single urban chap, I thought it would be jolly good fun to date a different woman (who I don’t know)once a week. A night out at a decent bar/restaurant with an interesting, and preferably hot lady.

What could possibly go wrong? Am I being naive?

sugdenr
    Free Member

As a happily single urban chap

Are you trying to be a smart arse? – as opposed to us sad married out of town types?

Outside fella 😈

jambourgie
    Free Member

🙂

Lol. I should add that I’m pretty sure I DON’T want a relationship at the moment, and I sure as ship don’t want kids, like, for decades yet. Is it best to be upfront about such things.

compositepro
    Free Member

Am I being naive?

if your doing it in Thailand theres no “Am I” discussion to be had

just look on it more like a safari for people who cant afford to go to africa to see hippos and elephants and stuff

Di i mention i knew a very very clever man quite high up in a motorsport organization who actually had a spreadsheet costing a relationship lifecycle over 25 years compared to high class call girls

I bet you cant guess which was cheaper and had far less issues

jambourgie
    Free Member

Hahaha. Quite.

bearnecessities

Dez, apologies for earlier – I really thought it was an entertaining wind-up 😳

Good luck!

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Di i mention i knew a very very clever man quite high up in a motorsport organization who actually had a spreadsheet costing a relationship lifecycle over 25 years compared to high class call girls

yeh…. but could he fit a spare wheel in under 1 minute like Bo and Luke Duke ….?

badllama
    Free Member

LOL once sat in on a room full of milionaires discussing life dating, women etc..
    One drew the conclusion and I quote.
    “If it Flys, **** or Floats rent it. It’s cheaper in the long run”! 😀

DezB
    Free Member

This isn’t going as well as I’d hoped.

All good for me! 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Will there be another round of messaging this evening?

kevj
    Free Member

A collegue of mine once said that it was self evident that single men know more about women than married ones, otherwise they’d be married too.

However, do you know the difference between a boyfriend and a husband? About forty five minutes 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member
    Will there be another round of massaging this evening?

I do hope so….I’ve got the camera lined up.

DezB
    Free Member

DD – no, didn’t time this well, got my son here tonight & Thurs and out rugby training on Weds… so maybe Friday, if she enjoys the mind games.. 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

HA. 😀

Likes rugby, fleecy blankets and Kinder Surprise.

bikebouy
    Free Member

* likes peanuts, scratching and fleas..

hora
    Free Member

I Like curling my hand round a good pint up in the pub, long walks to the local paper shop and a sound beating at the hands of my local Dominatrix.

Would I do well on POF?

compositepro
    Free Member

yeh…. but could he fit a spare wheel in under 1 minute like Bo and Luke Duke ….?

take around 3 seconds on average

Actually had another mate who like a ball of string up his arse ….the amount of women who were curious was more than i would have ever imagined

rickmeister

Likes Brick Built Fanjo’s, Broken Rabbits and Penis Dunking…

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Thanks for the link Hels… You might feel that I’m a sociopath, but other people’s feelings mean nothing to me 😉

Glad this thread got back to the lighthearted banter that I’m sure Dez intended rather than falling into the self righteous abyss some seem to prefer. It shouldn’t need reiterating, but the majority of my posts have been *slightly* tongue in cheek. Yes, I’ve done a lot of Internet dating, but I’ve never been on a first date where a little part of me hasn’t hoped it’ll be for the last time.

And I’m cautiously optimistic about the latest: she gets me, I get her, we click… Maybe she’s a sociopath too!

Ps: of course single men know more about women than married men! How can someone who’s only intimate with one woman know as much as someone who’s intimate with a different woman every week?? 😉

aracer
    Free Member

Like going out, cozy nights in and breathing

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Likes dancing like nobodies watching, farting like nobody has a sense of smell, and if you can’t handle me at my worst, you don’t deserve to get in my underwear 😉

And no topless selfies please.

bigblackshed

Likes meat pies, brown beer and Dutch ovens.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Likes rigid forks, rubber queens and mule bars.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

as much as someone who’s intimate with a different woman every week??

Most men aren’t though when they’re single….. and half of those that say they are…are lying.

A few guys can do this, one possibly two of my best friends are like this (I’m loathe to include one of them because there are to many memories of him pissed/ketamined/coked out of his eyeballs bringing back fat chavs to the flat) and can charm women they meet on the street into bed with them. I didn’t do too badly at uni by half but there’s a reason why most men settle down, most women are too good for them. That or I hung out with too many morally bankrupt arseholes and so believe this to be the case, which might be true.

And I’m cautiously optimistic about the latest: she gets me, I get her, we click… Maybe she’s a sociopath too!

Hah 8)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Likes my dinner on time, the washing up done and my shirts ironed….

should probably just get on with the ironing

zokes
    Free Member

should probably just get on with the ironing

This was the conclusion I came to last night also

scaled
    Free Member

My god. I’ve joined that site… Its got more teachers than the times Ed!

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Likes Zumba, cats, and doing a parachute jump once whilst on a gap year in Australia 14 years ago but still harp on about it to anyone that’ll listen cos it makes me sound edgy and adventurous..

Mister-P
    Free Member

Photos of cats in profile = run, run away and keep running until you can’t run any longer. Then run some more.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Photos of ANY animal… RUN!!! And if they have e-cards with Marilyn Monroe quotes… *shudder*

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Likes photocopier salesmen, cats and Quality Street.

Mister-P
    Free Member

“I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I’m out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.”

Shibboleth
    Free Member

That’s the one Mister P… I once ended up in the house of a young lady who had that stenciled on the bathroom wall. Presumably so she could memorise it while she crimped one off…

(I ran… As soon as I’d sealed the deal)

DezB
    Free Member

What about Mark Twain quotes?

Mister-P
    Free Member

Likes The Cannonball Run, slankets and Ugg boots.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Do women quote Twain other than when mocking golfers?

DezB
    Free Member

Something to do with not lying.
    Also a pic of a gun, which appealed to me.
    I’m in trouble aren’t I?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Something to do with not lying.
    Also a pic of a gun, which appealed to me.
    I’m in trouble aren’t I?

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 630 total)

The topic ‘Online dating help…’ is closed to new replies.