Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 298 total)
  • online dating experiences
  • maxtorque

You have a girfriend radar xherbivorex ?? Sounds useful, could i borrow it?? 😉

(or does it only range your GF ??)

sharki
    Free Member

I braved one internet date via fitness singles. Cycled 100miles to meet her, stayed the night then traveled back.

Perfect day really. Nice long ride, ate, nice long ride, then rode back.

That’s my only dating site experience, so I’d say thats a 100% success rate.

I’ve also met plenty of ladies via here and can say they’ve all been wonderful experiences too.

Buy in all seriousness, POF, full of desperate people.
    Fitness singles, full of people claiming to be fit, just to bag a date with someone whom appears fit. Most claim to be active but aren’t, they have a gym membership…

Its probably a good way of playing with numbers and building a tally, but for you Al, you’re better off shopping at M&S. You can learn alot about a person by what they shop for.

hora
    Free Member

Xherbivorex…you was on a fitness singles dating site?!

LadyGresley
    Free Member

I actually complained to eHarmony and demanded they stop taking my membership payment – all the matches I got seemed to be men who liked watching tv or going to the pub – how the **** did that match my profile of cycling all day, every day???
    As mentioned on t’other thread, I did find a lovely man on another site, when I’d almost given up. 😀

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i was feeling pretty optimistic the day i signed up, what can i say…

elzorillo
    Free Member

Have a pal on there.. he regularly collects random girls from the railway station and gives them a seeing too before taking them back.. And from the stories my wife tells me of a couple of female teachers at her school, POF is more of a pickup site for sex. One of the teachers currently has FIFTEEN blokes on the go 😯

cynic-al
    Free Member

Thanks sharki, I’ll take that as a compliment!

Otherwise, I am not interested in stringing along/being strung along!

project
    Free Member

Lady Gresley – Member
    I actually complained to eHarmony and demanded they stop taking my membership payment – all the matches I got seemed to be men who liked watching tv or going to the pub – how the **** did that match my profile of cycling all day, every day???
    As mentioned on t’other thread, I did find a lovely man on another site, when I’d almost given up.

Waves to Lady G,…………. 😳

hora
    Free Member

15? Someone has unresolved childhood issues.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Dipped my toe in and out over the years.

Yeah, there are sites out there for all tastes!

Solo
    Free Member

Hardly surprising, if she has seen the size of your shed.

She helped erect it

tony_m
    Free Member

Lady Gresley – Member
    As mentioned on t’other thread, I did find a lovely man on another site, when I’d almost given up. 😀

Hang on a minute, Your Ladyship – who found who? 😉

Solo
    Free Member

Someone has unresolved childhood issues.

Well, you’d know !. When it comes to issues I get the impression that you’re fully stocked….

😉

pitcherpro
    Free Member

Have been thinking about having a dabble back in the online dating world after my wife left me . Did it many years ago and agree its “fun” but there are a few nut jobs out there . Maybe too soon for me though 😕

hora
    Free Member

Solo theres sport sex and theres ‘naughty Uncle caused issues-sex’…

I have sport sex, as Im a man 8)

Me? Sexist??

nicko74

guaranteed shag…

Not quite guaranteed, as such. Mind you, may I suggest not having a couple of stiff drinks beforehand to help with the nerves? It really does nothing for one’s patter…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Mind you, may I suggest not having a couple of stiff drinks beforehand to help with the nerves? It really does nothing for one’s …

Solo
    Free Member

I have sport sex as Im a man
    Wait till the Mrs finds out.

Hora.

You’re a great sport. So it seems.

😉

allthegear
    Free Member

CFH – I salute your genius!

(believe it or not, I’ve never seen the map of Norway used that way before)

Rachel

Solo
    Free Member

(believe it or not, I’ve never seen that before)

And I still can’t see it….

CFH.
    For goodness sakes man, reduce the size !, its taking forever to load.

hora
    Free Member

Thats what mrshora says

..oh wait you dont mean unload

allthegear
    Free Member

hora – if she’s complaining it’s taking too long, she’s getting bored for some reason – that’s not a good thing!!

Rachel

kayak23

Met me bird on soulmates, had a three year relationship with her and the two kids, split up a while back so no, it doesn’t work, forget it….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Rachel, glad that someone got it! 🙂

CFH.
    For goodness sakes man, reduce the size !, its taking forever to load.

That’s what they all say…! 😉

edhornby

first date I went on turned out to be the same girl I married in July 2012 – WIN

father in law is a wine importer – this is an upmarket version of ‘does your dad own a brewery’

hora
    Free Member

Kayak23 you had a relationship with a woman AND two kids?

Solo
    Free Member

Met me bird on soulmates, had a three year relationship with her and the two kids

You sir, DO NOT, hang around. Do you !.
    😉

That’s what they all say

Tell me about it !. Thank goodness I was ahead of Hora in the Q.

Anna-B
    Free Member

Have found internet dating to be time intensive/results light, but have friends in successful relationships as a result of eHarmony and PoF. Have tried both, and probably would again if I wanted to. Met some nice men through PoF, and some strange men, and some men who just wanted a sh*g. Sounds like men/life, generally 😉

Give it a go! Got little to lose.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

edhornby – Member
    first date I went on turned out to be the same girl I married in July 2012 – WIN

So long as you met her before July 2012 otherwise touch awkward……

flippinheckler
    Free Member

CFH aka Slartibartfast 😆

Solo
    Free Member

some men who just wanted a sh*g. Sounds like men/life, generally

😯 , I guess theres nothing like taring all men with the one brush then.

What year is this ?.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Thread of the year 😆

Gary_C

Used to be a paid up member on Plenty More Fish & got fed up of receiving messages off women whom i’d absolutely nothing in common with, & it didn’t take long to work out that it’s the sites admins who are sending profiles out not the women themselves. So didn’t renew my subscription, & edited my profile to say at the last paragraph that i’m no longer a member of the site, so can’t read or reply to messages. But guess what, I still get my e-mail inbox full of ‘ so & so has sent you a private message’. Bollox !

However, the other week I had a e-mail off PMF which said ‘V****** aged 45 from B******** has added a new photo, & she lives only 1 mile from you!’ So I thought I’d log in & have a look seeing as she lives local, I may have seen her around.

Anyways, when I logged in I let out a genuine LOL, as the woman in question was an old friend of my ex-wife & me. ‘Aged 45’….nah, 52 more like! ( & she’s a right dirty slut as well 8) )

Anna-B
    Free Member

Solo – Member

The entire quote if you don’t mind!

Met some nice men through PoF, and some strange men, and some men who just wanted a sh*g. Sounds like men/life, generally

Says something very different to what you quoted. Life is made up of all sorts of people with all sorts of motives, just like people on internet dating sites. *Sigh* people are so easily offended round here 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

flippinheckler – Member
    Thread of the year

Steady on!

kayak23

Sick to the back teeth of the sites now to be honest. Taking an indefinite break. The large majority of the woman on these sites are ducking boring, and the ones that aren’t live in Belgium. It would be great to meet an interesting and attractive woman in the ‘real’ world but they all have husbands or only like cats…..
    I’m not bitter though… 🙄

fakesounding
    Free Member

I had a profile on fitness singles. Actually met a nice lady and we went on a great ride around the dark peaks. It became quickly apparent over lunch that we really had very different goals in life, and she seemed very uninterested in anything I said.

She did rather kindly send me an in-depth message the next day detailing everything I had said that she disagreed with and slating all my life choices to date. Which was nice. She did, however, say I had a very nice smile, which was the only positive!

I sent a message back thanking her, haven’t logged in since.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Elzorillo would the teacher be Runcorn based?

lowey

After my partner of 20 years left, i gave it 12 months being single then dipped my toe.

POF was an utter nightmare. If you are serious about finding a future partner then beware.

I put a profile up on Guardian Soulmates and found the girl of my dreams. Been seeing her for nearly 12 months now and have never been happier. plus she lives in Snowdonia…. its all good.

Some people scoff at online dating, but to be honest, tell me a better way to meet someone. You can email, chat txt to find out if you have anything in common before actually meeting.

All I will advise is be totally honest. Never start a relationship on a lie. treat people as you would wish to be treated yourself.

Happy hunting

BrickMan

I joined a free one for the hell of it, ended up talking to about a dozen people who were all of interest to me, met two after about a week, chose one and they are amazing, anyone who has met me knows I can talk, a lot, but this girl can actually talk more, AND be more factual AND interesting. Unreal.

Word of warning, you’ll end up with an inbox from dozens of people who are not even remotely viable, best course of action is to just put on ignore. Also remove your profile after you find someone and burn your email address otherwise you’ll never hear the end of it.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 298 total)

The topic ‘online dating experiences’ is closed to new replies.