Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • One One 456 ti Evo, seat post slippage Question
  • loughor
    Free Member

Using a Thomson Masterpiece and a new Van Nic ti non-QR clamp. Carbon paste ? Anybody know what torque level would be safe? Cheers in advance.

wwaswas

Measure the post. Thomson are notorious ly undersize.

paste will help though.

loughor
    Free Member

Ok, thnx wwaswas, I’ll try that, and a bit of paste. It’s just that I’ve found the ‘sweet spot’ where i don’t need to move the post on most trails. I’d like to be able, therefore, to tighten the clamp and forget about fiddling. Especially if I put my reverb in there, so if anyone knows the torque rating, I’d be very grateful

geordiepaul
    Free Member

Thomson state 5nm. Think it’s less on some of the newer stuff as they reduced the size of the bolts

mtbfix

I have a USE alloy post in my Lynskey. It slipped endlessly until I bunged some carbon paste in. Not budged since. Done up rather tight too, circa 8 or 9nm.

loughor
    Free Member

mtbfix, that’s great, thank you. I’ll measure, stick some paste, and gently (very gently), increase torque until i can stop what is, a minor annoyance. Thanks All

br
    Free Member

Be careful with a non-QR seat post clamp that you take it off every month, just to make sure that the post doesn’t stick in.

Not that I’ve experienced this on my Ti frame or anything… 😳

letmetalktomark

My understanding of using carbon paste was that in theory less clamping force was needed.

That’s certainly my experience.

loughor
    Free Member

Slapped a bit of paste in, nipped the ti clamp to 5 nm. Hopefully, job done. Appreciate your time. Thnx

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘One One 456 ti Evo, seat post slippage Question’ is closed to new replies.