Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • One for the commuters here – convicted driver
  • s
    Free Member

Cyclist's helmet cam footage helps convict driver:

http://road.cc/node/23959

ourmaninthenorth

Yes, saw that yesterday. Interestingly "light" sentencing in my view as, IIRC (I haven't seen the vid for a while) the driving was deliberately dangerous.

But, does this mean that to succesfully prosecute a driver, we all need to have cameras fitted to our heads?

s
    Free Member

Did wonder if the convictions would have taken place though without the video evidence?

letmetalktomark

That's disgusting.

Fair play to the chap on the bike for keeping reasonably cool. Had that have been me I would have been launching something through the drivers window.

What a plank.

tron
    Free Member

Keeping reasonably cool? Riding alongside someone to have an argument after they've tried to knock you off several times?

I'd rather be alive and not make my point if it's all the same 😆

muggomagic

i always find it amazing that twunts use the "i pay road tax" arguement. I can drive like a complete tw*t and nearly kill you because i pay tax on this vehicle.
    Oh, fair enough then……..

ollie
    Free Member

Isn't this the same guy who posted a video of himself having a go at some woman for using her phone whilst driving and then he goes up the rear end of the car in front whilst not paying attention?
    And doesn't he try to go through a Mcdonalds drive through and they refuse to serve him??

Stuuey

I think there was a big thread discussing behavior of both driver and rider on here.

Hope it hits the news and the papers.

If I had a cam on and went to the police every time someone didn't see me when turning right at a certain mini roundabout I'd never be out of court. Happens more than 1:3.
    Been a while since anyone chucked something out of the window at me and when I did go to the police they couldn't be bothered, didn't think that hurling a full bottle of coke in my wheels was a problem.

stumpy01

Yeah – I think this is the same bloke that crashed into the back of a car while berating a woman for using her phone (wrong, but she wasn't actually affecting his commute).

He didn't do himself any favours, particularly by going to undertake the van immediately after it pulled out onto him. But, I'd probably have done something similar in the heat of the moment….
    The van driver got off pretty lightly I think, given how he slowed & then purposefully drove at the kerb on more than one occasion.

Problem is, now he will REALLY dislike cylcists and may take it out on others who aren't able to record the evidence.

mintimperial

Good.

Hope it gets a bit of attention from mainstream news organisations. A few high-profile convictions of this type, and perhaps motorists will start treating cyclists with a bit more circumspection.

project
    Free Member

Try putting your helmet cam pointing backwards, its a real eye opener, to see how close drivers come before overtaking,no signals, the obscene jestures they make,etc,

Karinofnine

ipayroadtax.com

I have had the "road tax" argument shouted at me – makes me smile because there is actually no such thing and the remark simply underlines how dim the shouter is.

coffeeking
    Free Member

project – interesting idea! (goes home to fit camera to rear)

I have had the "road tax" argument shouted at me – makes me smile because there is actually no such thing and the remark simply underlines how dim the shouter is.

Doesn't help though, being right doesn't stop them being stupid and dangerous. It's like being in the right in an accident, you might have the smugness of knowing you're going to win the insurance battle, but you still have a knackered car, injuries and time off work. I just like to point out I have 3 cars and pay VED on all of them, but still cycle to stop me becoming an overweight miopic driver. They don't often have much else to say.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘One for the commuters here – convicted driver’ is closed to new replies.