Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • On One Scandal 29er
  • YoKaiser
    Free Member

Show me yours and tell me what you like about it 😀

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Anyone?

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Cheers, I picked up the first two but missed the last one.

Bazz

Seeing as i have a new photo of it…

what i like about it is that for my limited abilities it strikes the right balance between trail tough and race light, at a price that i can afford.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Cheers Bazz, sounds like what I’m hoping to get out of it. Did you have any front mech issues?

Bazz

Nope, used a low mount Shimano LX one that i got for cheap from Merlin, been fine and i suspect any low mount one will be fine.

ratadog

Used as a winter bike with some comparatively low end kit it seems to take everything that nature and I can throw at it. I got it as a compromise because road/cross bike was too uncomfortable to take up and down local bridleways and 26er with big fork was too slow ont he local backroads. Gave me a bike I could ride out the gate on and decide where I was going as I went along. Also works for MTBO which is the nearest I come to competition. If I had to have one do everything bike this would be it.

Didn’t have front mech issues despite using high not low mount albeit clearance was tight. As it is top pull I seem to remember that if needed shimano front mechs can be dremelled to increase clearance but I have not had to do so.

splashdown
    Free Member

Just built mine up on Friday 🙂

Had a few bits left over from a couple of old bikes…

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Good to here there is no mech problems, I can’t remember where I picked it up from. Splashdown thats looking really good, I’ve went for the raw finish myself.

I’m guessing both yours and Bazz’s are 20″ frames?

thomthumb
    Free Member

i have an older one (1 1/8 HT) and you are limited on big tyres by the front mech. 2.2 ok, 2.4 no good.

love the bike though – normally SS so no front mech anyway.

splashdown
    Free Member

@ YoKaiser – 21″ V2 frame

Bazz

Mines a 19.5″, i’m exactly 6 foot with a 33″ inside leg, running a 70mm stem for trail riding and could push out to a 90mm for racing if i wanted a bit more stretch. I think it’s the best fitting bike i’ve ever owned.

latham2104
    Free Member

@ YoKaiser – amazing bike!

Does everything that you would want out of a bike – trail centers, local woods etc etc.

I turned mine into a 1 x 10 and dont feel under/over geared at all. nd fitted a dropper post so she is more than happy at Trail Center. Had the thought of swapping out the Reverb for a standard post as and when, but its far too much faff for that, so i just rck the Reverb all the time.

IMO, maybe the one bike for all???

I went for a 19.5 as i’m 6 foot 1.

Kitted it out in nice bits but the Bracknell mud was an additional extra!

zippykona

I love mine and everyone who has ridden it has joined the 29 gang.
    Its the only bike I have where the front mech works fine.
    If I had to name its best point I would say downhill stability.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Very nice latham, reverb/dropper post is an upgrade I’ll do in the future, at the moment I just need to get it going. I got the frame the other day and I’m really happy with it so far. PICS HERE

latham2104
    Free Member

i really umm’ed and arr’ed about the Reverb, but £175 sheets from Merlin was too good to turn down. Rode with it at Bracknell last night, and really benefitted from the ability to get the saddle out of the way. Yeah – it weighs a bit more than a std post, but its a nice thing to have. Good luck with the build BTW – and you won’t have any front mech issues with a high or low clamp mech – i ran a high XT before converting to single up the front.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘On One Scandal 29er’ is closed to new replies.