Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Scandal as a trail bike?
  • bol

Just finishing off a larey pink scandal as my first taste of 29er hardtailing. I might do the odd bit of racing on it, but more likely to use it for general trail riding. Any set up tips? Risers or flat bars (xl, so no stack issues – in fact the front looks quite low). Anyone use a dropper post with a Sacandal? Although it would look a bit of a mutant, I’m quite tempted. Please share your Scandal trail riding experiences.

Stoner
    Free Member

Im about to build mine into a 100mm 20mm maxle Rohloff trailbike.
    Might be gopping, but will see how it rides.

Just need to fashion a monkeybone out of an old calliper adaptor.
    *goes off to power up the pillar drill and grinder*

boxelder

Don’t go too wide on the tyres (assuming you have and like a front mech).
    Don’t cry when the paint falls off.
    Other than that – great trail bike. Go find some bermed corners to lean it round!

TooTall
    Free Member

Just put stuff on it and ride it. There is no magic involved here. It is a bike. If you don’t like what you put on it, I believe you can change it later.

M6TTF
    Free Member

I like mine, use it for general trails – peak riding, the ususal. Have days where I don’t get on with it and wish I had my fuel ex, then I get days where everything just clicks and I storm everything

bol

Not too worried about the paint falling off. It’s easy to colour match with nail varnish. 🙄

You’re right Tootall, I can change it later. Just thought I’d get a few thoughts to help me get it right first time.

Any ideas as to the biggest tyre that will go in with a front mech? I was hoping to use Purgatory 2.2s which are fairly chunky.

kharim
    Free Member

Tried a WTB Weirwolf 2.55 LT for a while. Works amazingly well on the rocky stuff.

bol

Did it fit with a mech and without rubbing the stays?

kharim
    Free Member

No problems with the stays. Main problem is set up of the front mech- had to adjust due to minor rub against the tyre when in the small gear.

tk46hal
    Free Member

This really has been my best ever riding position bike I have ever had!
    I’ve had lots of bikes, 26er’s F/S, hardtails etc etc etc, but I love this bike. I built it up this year and I love it. The frame is only a 16″, but it suits my 5.9″. It’s so comfortable! As for the bars, I have the FSA K Force riser at 640mm and run it on 2.25 Ralphs. If you want to know anything please ask!
    http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5091/5485498250_288d6a7661_b.jpg

lucien

Can’t do pics (as I don’t know how) but…..mines built up with 100mm forks, flat’ish carbon bar and a slightly rising stem, 1X9 with BB chain guide thingy and whilst my intention was to race on it, I seem be riding it quite a lot.

It’s my 1st one, (had 2 X 456’s) and for whatever reason I really like the way it rides.

I’m off to investigate how to upload pictures……..

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Scandal as a trail bike?’ is closed to new replies.