• This topic has 150 replies, 73 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by paule.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 151 total)
  • On One Parkwood – any news?
  • toyrobot
    Free Member

Had my heart set on an evo 456 for ages. Eventually selling my “spare” bike so I could push the button and this comes along. Thanks for muddying the waters On One.

devash
    Free Member

Brant, what wheelset will these come with? The specs on the site are saying On One wheels but the picture shows Deore MT35?

dmorts
    MSP

Was £249.99 20% off

Isn’t there a law against pretending something has previously been on sale at a higher price?

motorman
    Free Member

I was thinking the same…maybe it is an into offer?

brant
    Free Member

Was £249.99 20% off
    Isn’t there a law against pretending something has previously been on sale at a higher price?

I hope there is a law, as that means I can get whoever did this at our place arrested.

brant
    Free Member

devash – Member
    Brant, what wheelset will these come with? The specs on the site are saying On One wheels but the picture shows Deore MT35?

I hope there is a law against that too. As the wheels I saw on the bike were very Shimanoey in appearance.

ratherbeintobago

I hope there is a law,

Not sure if it’s law, but there is government guidance, section 1.2.3b:

A price used as a basis for comparison should have been your most recent price available for 28 consecutive days or more;

brant
    Free Member

I hope there is a law,
    Not sure if it’s law, but there is government guidance, section 1.2.3b:
    A price used as a basis for comparison should have been your most recent price available for 28 consecutive days or more;

Quite right too. Words will be had.

toyrobot
    Free Member

Hi Brant. As I mentioned above I’m looking to buy a hardtail and possibly go 29er for the first time. What sort of weight is the parkwood build coming in it? The bike will also be used by my other half occasionally so I don’t want anything too heavy. I’ve already crossed the 456 off the list as I read it comes in at 31pound. Is that accurate?

brant
    Free Member

That spec, that bike weighed 29lb 3oz on our park tools scales.
    Without pedals.

I’m sure you can point to many bikes that weigh less. However, we have:-

Reverb post
    29×2.4 trail tyres
    760mm bars

docrobster
    Free Member

Brant

I am for the first time in my whole life, able to access the c2w scheme. It will be my only chance as I have a fixed term contract with 10 months left to run. (I’m self employed the rest of the time)
    I was perfectly happy with my “so 2012” 853 steel, 26 inch,140 forked hardtail.
    Then you do this.
    I feel duty bound to order a parkwood. Just cos I can.
    However. It now says they are all sold out.
    Is this true?
    Yours
    Etc
    Ps I flogged my summer season frame for £50 on Friday. I’m so behind the times. 🙂

brant
    Free Member

I am investigating this morning why they are saying they are sold out.
    If they are actually sold out I am going to the pub.
    If it’s something else we will fix it.

faustus

It wouldbe nice to have a ‘no decal’ option…

honourablegeorge

The weird headset type is annoying.

z1ppy

Damn, the more I look at this the more awesome it looks, annoyingly I already have a great 29er HT.

brant
    Free Member

It wouldbe nice to have a ‘no decal’ option…

Really? Apply gaffer tape or respray.

faustus

Really? Apply gaffer tape or respray.

Yup. I do respray, when there’s a few chips and dinks. Would be nice to not have to make that effort though. But just a personal preference, most bike stickers just look bad.

Having said that – my inbred has escaped respray so far..

honourablegeorge

Why the odd headset type, Brant? 44mm and/or 49mm are a lot more common, as opposed to a weird integrated one. Wouldn’t some sort of standardisation across your range be a good idea?

D0NK

I am investigating this morning why they are saying they are sold out.

any chance while your at it you can get whoever is responsible to use either mm or inches for all your measurements please, pita comparing frame sizes and having to convert. (not arsed about s m l or 16″ 18″ 20″ frame/bike sizes but doing TT, chainstay etc length in mm on one frame and in inches on another is annoying)

Why the odd headset type, Brant?

what is the deal with the headset? No idea what “FSA C40” is, is it one where you just pop bearings into the HT, no cups?
    (I’m sure as they are only bearings they’ll be much cheaper than traditional headsets) :naive smiley:

brant
    Free Member

Why the odd headset type, Brant? 44mm and/or 49mm are a lot more common, as opposed to a weird integrated one. Wouldn’t some sort of standardisation across your range be a good idea?

This is a totally standard integrated tapered headset. Very standard. Easy to assemble and lots of options out there.

brant
    Free Member

(not arsed about s m l or 16″ 18″ 20″ frame/bike sizes but doing TT, chainstay etc length in mm on one frame and in inches on another is annoying)

Chainstays used to be measured in inches, but not it’s mm.
    Same for top tubes.

Tubing is measured in inches for the diameter, but mm for wall thickness.

honourablegeorge

brant – Member

This is a totally standard integrated tapered headset. Very standard. Easy to assemble and lots of options out there.

Right – lack of specs on the site doesn’t really explain that – points you to a specific FSA one. Headsets in general a bit of a bugbear for me. The ones in the shed NEVER fit the frame you’re thinking of buying.

brant
    Free Member

Right – lack of specs on the site doesn’t really explain that – points you to a specific FSA one. Headsets in general a bit of a bugbear for me. The ones in the shed NEVER fit the frame you’re thinking of buying.

Yes. And the one I was about to point you to is out of stock.

Give me a moment. Sorry.

D0NK

CRC only have 2 models, looked like you had a couple didn’t check in stock tho. Reducer (for 1.125 fork owners) versions look even rarer, not a lot of options but could be I’m looking in the wrong places

and they all seem pricey compared to conventional models 🙁

saracendan

Brant – any chance of a “raw” frame only version in the near future? I’ll be waiting to hit the “buy” button!

brant
    Free Member

Brant – any chance of a “raw” frame only version in the near future? I’ll be waiting to hit the “buy” button!

No. Raw is lazy.

bedmaker

Yes. And the one I was about to point you to is out of stock.

Give me a moment. Sorry.

I know you always like to work Sunday evenings Brant, so any chance of pointing us to the type of headset needed?
    Frame arriving tomorrow hopefully so would be good to get a HS sorted out soon. Cheers.

brant
    Free Member

Headset is an FSA C40 ACB. Our stock is poor at the moment. More coming in any day.

bedmaker

Cheers. This one headsets used to be so easy ?

brant
    Free Member

Yes. That one. But thats out of stock for a few days.

adharvey
    Free Member

Hi, what size is the brake mount for at the rear? 160mm rotor?

nuke

No. Raw is lazy.

[/quote]

😡 Lazy? I’m with saracendan and I’d be hitting the buy button. Raw has been great on my Scandal 29er…pre scratched to hide any further scratches 😀

sq225917
    Free Member

Its clearly in the bike spec on their website. 180.

adharvey
    Free Member

I did see that; I thought it might be a miss-print, I haven’t seen too many bikes that take a 180mm without an adapter.

darksoul
    Free Member

anyone who buy frame or complete bike??

adharvey
    Free Member

I’ve ordered a frame.

dblspeed
    Free Member

Brant

talking frame only, is a headset with a straight steerer crown race available for purchase? Or could I use the crown race from the smoothie mixer?

Any way to use this frame with a Rohloff via a Monkeybone pm rear brake adapter?

Successfully Rohloffed my previous scandal and current Lurcher frames, and ridden them over the Alps, it would be a shame not to do same with the Parkwood for my next trip.

PS another set of bottle cage bosses would be great to use a tool tube\container.

jonba
    Free Member

Anybody got other suggestions for headset, the FSA one seems to be out of stock everywhere unless it is stupidly expensive.

Looking at hope but I can’t seem to find a bottom option that fits.

Can I buy an integral one and just use the bearings + crown race. The measurements seem to suggest this but that would be too easy no?

captain_bastard
    Free Member

Anybody got other suggestions for headset, the FSA one seems to be out of stock everywhere unless it is stupidly expensive.

Looking at hope but I can’t seem to find a bottom option that fits.

Can I buy an integral one and just use the bearings + crown race. The measurements seem to suggest this but that would be too easy no?

Just got round to building mine up, also in a quandary looking for headset, on-one’s headset compatibility just says the FSA jobber which is pretty hard to find

Assuming even on one aren’t daft enough to design a frame to fit one specific headset, anyone got any idea what might fit? (Without swapping parts from other headsets, sacrificing virgins etc)

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 151 total)

The topic ‘On One Parkwood – any news?’ is closed to new replies.