Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • On One Fat bike trail X01
  • Goldigger
    Free Member

Is this a good deal? looks like it to me but I have no idea what X01 is like.
    Bluto and a dropper included for £1700
    Are the rest of the components average?
    SRAM guide brakes?
    http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/CBOOFATTRLX01/on-one-fatty-trail-sram-x01-fat-bike

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Looks like it.

The regular fatty is a hoot, lighter frame would be a bonus.

Bluto + reverb = win

X01, expensive consumables, but you could always go back to 1×10 (I think the mech and shifter will work, just adjust in the adjustment screws to stop the last shift) for winter, or sell it and go shimano 1×11 if that bothers you.

The original fatty wheels were a PITA to get set up with tubes let alone tubeless (which was actually easier). ANYTHING would be an improvement, and those look like new rims. When they worked they were fine, but they could be a right pain.

Worth £700 more than a regular fatty was, maybe, I’m not convinced by the cost of 11x SRAM parts, way too much if you’re a serial mech destroyer or ride in the mud a lot, but the reverb, bluto, possibly wheels, and lighter frame are worth a good amount of the upgrade cost IMO.

AlexSimon

As a ‘deal’ it’s good in terms of the kit on it, but we have no idea how it rides yet, so tough to say whether that makes it a good buy overall.

Similar price and spec is the Silverback Single Scoop

tomhoward

An almost identically specced Spesh fatboy would be £3500. Looks a great deal.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Looks ace!

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Looks good, you’ve only got to look at a Salsa Mukluk for example to see that the OO Fatty is a #### hot deal.

Plus Guide brakes are fantastic pieces of kit so far for me at least.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Just been reading over on mtbr about crank clearance issues.
    http://forums.mtbr.com/fat-bikes/one-fatty-trail-962437-2.html
    Seems the frame is a re-release to fix that issue..hopefully..

Wasn’t there a carbon version back in the works? Seem to remember seeing it on twitter?

johnnystorm

The Carbon one is the Tomac Hesperus I guess.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The kit looks like a good spec, X01 is compatible with the more XT level/price GX offerings and I can only imagine prices will come down as the kit get more common.

mark_rich
    Free Member

Check out the canyon dude at £1899, carbon frame, sub 30lb.
    Best looking fat bike out there, some of the models in stock too.

sq225917
    Free Member

I’ve tested the Hesperus and the Fatty Trail, the Bluto wins the day for me, though the Hesperus is stupid light and crazy high spec with those HED rims and Tune hubs.

The Fatty Trail uses a new rim, deeper sidewall, less burping at low pressures and a chunk of change lighter than the old Fatty wheels. It’s also running the El Guapo Fat Bike hubs which are six pawl, 72 POE and as good as any hub at anywhere near sensible money. They are at least as good as Hopes and sealed for British conditions.

shaggy

Sq do you know if the geometry is measured static or sagged?

hypnotoad
    Free Member

> The Fatty Trail uses a new rim, deeper sidewall, less burping at low pressures and a chunk of change lighter than the old Fatty wheels. It’s also running the El Guapo Fat Bike hubs which are six pawl, 72 POE and as good as any hub at anywhere near sensible money. They are at least as good as Hopes and sealed for British conditions.

Do you know if these wheels or even the hubs will be avalible seperately?

russyh
    Free Member

Probably too early to ask but has anyone got any idea of the frame weight of the new trail fatty? I have a pretty belonged up OOF but would consider upgrading the frame if there is significant weight saving. I have looked at carbon alternatives but can’t justify the cost given its not my main bike.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Mark_rich
    I’ve seen the canyon dude, nice carbon frame. But for £1899 you don’t get a reverb or a bluto. Top model for £2299 gets you bluto but no reverb.
    I’d assume the DT Swiss BR2250 wheels are better though..

Russyh..
    According to mtbr 18″ Fatty Trail comes in around 4.2lbs. Bearing in mind this is the earlier frame that got recalled.

http://forums.mtbr.com/fat-bikes/one-fatty-trail-962437-2.html

officerfriendly
    Free Member

Man they really should add some more info in their description. If they did they’d probably sell so much more stuff.

jamiesilo
    Free Member

i want one.
    al i’m really after is 1. cheap, 2. ally frame, 3, bluto.
    all good. i’d get the x5 chepaer version then

mark_rich
    Free Member

Golddigger
    Dude cf9 at £1899 has Bluto forks! no reverb though.

https://www.canyon.com/en-gb/mtb/dude/dude-cf-9-0.html

chakaping
    Free Member

Now why couldn’t they make the new Codeine look as good as that?

Goldigger
    Free Member

Mark_rich
    I missed that one, and now sold out..

Looks like nothing changing for 2016 either..

sq225917
    Free Member

@officerfriendly, what other info would you like to see in the descriptions? Between the description, build list and geometry most of it should be covered. If there’s anything else think applicable let me know and I’ll add it. There should be a size guide showing for the Fatty Trail but for soem reason its not loading, it’s on the to do list with IT.

Simon

STATO
    Free Member

sq22/Simon.

Quick obvious ones;
    Build list has 30.9, frame spec 31.6mm post, which is right
    Geo chart is missing half the details marked on the diagram (applies to 90% of your frames, and usually wrong anyway)
    Headset specifications are not listed, just which model of headset you sell that fits.
    Is geo static or sagged
    Does it fit 29×3 tyres
    Typos

All pretty obvious stuff from a qa/qc standpoint or from a company that takes notice of what its customers want.

onandon
    Free Member

Add weights the that list too.

johnnystorm

To be fair loads of bigger & flashier firms leave out weight with a disclaimer, e.g. Giant.

onandon
    Free Member

Agreed, for the whole bike but for idividual items it would be handy.
    I’ve seen a few items listed on one one with incorrect weights which has probably cost them business.
    One example was the floater tires listed as 1880 grams – no big deal for some but a huge deal for others.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘On One Fat bike trail X01’ is closed to new replies.