Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • On-One 456 Evo Evo or Carbon Evo
  • sv

Seen one photo of the 456C Evo any other photos or specs? Or even the Mk2 Evo, does it exist? BrantGracie didnt give anything away on Thursday, kids these days…

brant
    Free Member

View this post on Instagram

Top of Whites Level at Afan. #c456evo

A post shared by On-One (@ononebikes) on

SOAP
    Free Member

Mk2….,30.9 on a steel evo?

brant
    Free Member

Mk2….,30.9 on a steel evo?

ok

Cheezpleez

Geometry? 29er version?

nmdbasetherevenge
    Free Member

At least it’s slightly less ugly than the other one.

sv

Meh its the steel one I want to see 🙂

moridinbg
    Free Member

Just found some more info in the comments of an earlier pic – Geometry same. Headtube length same. Seat tube different in and out.

maxtorque

Looks like they have kinked the top tube a bit, good move as the only thing i don’t really like about my c456 is the tall standover and high seat post extension 😉

BillOddie

I want to see/buy a steel 456 Evo 29er please!

68deg HA, 74SA, 17->17.5inCS, nice long TT for short stem use, 2in+ BB drop.

Thanks awfully!

jambon
    Free Member

Hmmm. As a c456 owner I was wondering if a new version would have ‘snaked’ stays to give a bit of twang in the rear.

If Cannondale used this to create 3″ of travel on their Scalpel then a bit of springiness could surely be built into the C456 rear.

The ability to shorten the chain stay length using the swap-outs would also be a bonus.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Brant

If possible could you bring out a Ti 456 36er in a 14″ frame size please. Ideally with a 30.95223mm seat post and reverb stealth routing, the extra diameter on the ST is to make sure my reverb doesn’t get scratched (for resale). Could you also make sure the head tube is 89mm with the ability to run an internal headset and 1.5″ steerer any more height and I find the thing impossible to ride, room for fat tyres on the frame and forks with implausibly short chainstays but plenty of mud clearance would be spot on. Braze-ons for Rohlffs and normal gears and also the mandatory BB7’s.

Oh and rack mounts for when I go touring/need to take my satchel to work.

Thanks

BillOddie

Good Point I_Ache, I forgot about satchel mounts, well done.

woody2000

Don’t forget tandem hub spacing I_Ache and a totally non-marking, mud shedding, unbreakable paint finish.

Oh, and a built in bottle opener.

hora
    Free Member

My c456’s rear end felt very compliant but maybe thats because I’m 16stone? I’d be interested to seeing more. The only thing I’d have changed was the size (18″ to a 16″ though as I liked the Standard HA)

richc
    Free Member

what about the a stick, and a moon?

brant
    Free Member

Hmmm. As a c456 owner I was wondering if a new version would have ‘snaked’ stays to give a bit of twang in the rear.

The ability to shorten the chain stay length using the swap-outs would also be a bonus.

Snaked stays don’t do anything to add spring.

Shorter chainstays would make it ride worse, so we don’t offer that either.

hora
    Free Member

How much are we talking Brant? 🙂

fibre
    Free Member

Still loving my C456. In reference to comfort I find it’s pretty good, i’m about 14stone kitted up with about 30psi on the rear with Thomson layback and Fizik Gobi saddle.

The new lower toptube should hopefully give the option of the longer TT of the 20″ with more standover. I have an 80mm stem and layback post on an 18″ and it doesn’t feel *that* long (6ft), but the old 20″ would be a bit high.

I would prefer bolt on cable routing (bottle cage type rivnuts). With the option of top or downtube mounted guides with full length housing and stops, with a cable guide on the chainstay (like the disc side has) for Alfine users.

brant
    Free Member

hora – Member
    How much are we talking Brant?
    POSTED 23 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

£399

brant
    Free Member

I would prefer bolt on cable routing (bottle cage type rivnuts). With the option of top or downtube mounted guides with full length housing and stops, with a cable guide on the chainstay (like the disc side has) for Alfine users.

I like my bolt on guides but everyone else in the world seems to hate them.
    So no.
    Guides are full length with zip tie slots. Dropper guides included too.
    Disc mount down downtube and on chainstay. Gear down seatstay.

Kuntoilija
    Free Member

Soon available ? I have an idea to build on a hardtail either steel evo frame or carbon evo frame even I have weak back. I want to see how my body accept riding a hardtail. Ti verson is my dream, but because of my weak back and thin wallet it is not option.

brant
    Free Member

It’s going to be six months by the time I’ve finished farting around with things honestly.

SOAP
    Free Member

When are mk1 evos back in stock?

fibre
    Free Member

Fair enough Brant, well I like them :-). Sounds like you’re having a hectic time, some beer over the weekend will fix that 😀

Have you considered pre-cut helitape kits for the different On-one\PX frames?, I think there’s a few quid to be made there. I use it on all my bikes, top\down\head tube and rub spots.

Kuntoilija – As I mentioned above I find my C456 comfortable but obviously don’t expect too much from a hardtail compared to a full sus. If you want more comfort then large volume tyres at lower pressures will make a huge difference (2.3-2.4″), I run 2.1 at 30psi or 2.35 at about 25psi. Saddles and seatposts will make a big difference to, as well as riding position. Always worth spending some time getting riding position and tyre pressures right.

billyboulders
    Free Member

I’m confused – does this new carbon evo have the “new” evo geometry or is it just an aesthetic re-design? If it does have evo geometry does that mean there won’t be any new 456’s available with the classic geometry?

wilkij1975
    Free Member

Will there be more room in the chain stay area on the C456 Evo? I originally ran a 3x XT chainset and when I took it off I noticed the outer ring had rubbed on the chain stay.

Also, I’ve set it up 1 x 9 with a 36t chainring in the middle position and it’s still quite tight on clearance.

More room there would be good!

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

SOAP – Member

I was told 6-8 weeks by On-One. That was from the 22nd May.

moridinbg
    Free Member

Drool. Altough 29er 🙁

Gotama
    Free Member

Is that the codeine? Any news on when these are expected to appear for sale?

brant
    Free Member

Codeine currently in my kitchen having final cable guide revisions done.
    http://instagram.com/p/aQEhLDr3XP/

Hope we could get them out in 4 months.

brant
    Free Member

SOAP – Member

I was told 6-8 weeks by On-One. That was from the 22nd May.

That’s wrong.

Evo Mk2’s will be here then. Evo Mk1 discontinued.

moridinbg
    Free Member

brant, the 29er thing I may swallow, but are there any plans down the pipeline about carbon full susser ?

Gotama
    Free Member

Hope we could get them out in 4 months.

Thanks Brant

SOAP
    Free Member

Sweeeet any idea of colours and price of the mk2?
    Also will there be enough or can we ore order?

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/CBOO456CDEO/on-one-456-evo-carbon-shimano-deore-mountain-bike

It’s arrived at last!

(Brant – Any idea when frame-only will be available? And will there be a non-orange option, orange clashes with my green wheels. Ta.)

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Interesting that the add claims the original was the world’s first carbon hard tail. It wasn’t even the first carbon hardtail that I owned, that was one of those Trek Purple/Yellow OCLV jobs.

honourablegeorge

First “Long travel” carbon hardtail is the normal byline.

Must say, the full Deore spec makes that a really nice bike for the money, esp. the brakes.

sv

Bit late for me, now have a Stanton Slackline. Its staying 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘On-One 456 Evo Evo or Carbon Evo’ is closed to new replies.