Viewing 33 posts - 241 through 273 (of 273 total)
  • Olympic TT Thread! – Spoilers within!
  • juan
    Free Member

So wiigins won didn’t he?

wisepranker
    Free Member

Just got back after a day watching the TT round Hampton and Twickenham.

Fantastic atmosphere, good support for all the riders and outstanding support for the Team GB boys and girls.
    The noise when Wiggo passed was immense. Something I won’t forget 8)

Junkyard
    Free Member

Redgrave needed teammates

Except when he won in the scull in the commonwealth games in 1986

FTFY

As i said not a reasonable comparison but both Awesome….road and track for Brad 5 different Olympics….like deciding which God is the best.

donsimon
    Free Member

like deciding which God is the best.

I know the answer to this one. 😆

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Maximum attack. A few K’s before the finish.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Smug Man

Bradley Wiggins having breakfast

I think that’s the right way round……

🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oh, and this is superb!

kilo

jamiea
    Free Member

Three letters say Wiggins wont win SPOTY despite his stunning Year. S. K. Y.

Duh! It’s a public vote!

😉

Cheers,
    Jamie

grahamh
    Free Member

Three letters say Wiggins wont win SPOTY despite his stunning Year. S. K. Y.

TdF, Olympic Gold, what if he goes on to win at the Worlds as well 😀

MSP

Duh! It’s a public vote!

It may be a public vote, but I am not so sure they counted the votes when awarding it to the royal horsey woman a couple of years back.

Although can’t see how it could possibly go to anyone but the golden sideburns this year, unless a brit accidentally wins the 100m on the track

hilldodger
    Free Member

Sydney 2000 The Great Britain team of Paul Manning, Chris Newton, Bryan Steel and Wiggins took bronze in the team pursuit

Athens 2004 Wiggins on his way to gold in the men’s individual pursuit

Athens 2004 Wiggins hands over to Rob Hayles for the final time before taking bronze in the men’s madison

Athens 2004 The GB team of Steve Cummings, Rob Hayles, Paul Manning and Wiggins on their way to silver in the team pursuit

Beijing 2008 On his way to gold in the individual pursuit

Beijing 2008 The British team of Wiggins, Ed Clancy, Paul Manning and Geraint Thomas set a new world record on their way to winning gold in the team pursuit

who’s da Man……

all pics from http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport

garrrrpirate
    Free Member

imnotverygood

someone has to produce a cycling top with the roundel on the back

crikey
    Free Member

As a Northern man I am not given over much to displays of emotion, however, I am moved on this occasion to commemorate the efforts of Sir Bradley of Wiggins with a sartorial embellishment, thus:

crikey
    Free Member

Available from that Tesco, £1:50 a pair, while stocks last. I’ve got 5 pairs as I have been using them as oversocks for a while now.

brakes
    Free Member

I went to Kingston, watched a bit there near the Sigma Sport shop, then headed into Bushy Park, 1km from the finish to ROAR! Wiggo down to the finish. I reckon it was worth a 100th of a second.
    Great atmosphere.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Duh! It’s a public vote!

Duh, like I said, I’m a cynic. What independent body collates the votes? Not like there’s ever been any controversy over viewing public voting, viewer competitions and phone-ins is it? 🙄

Although can’t see how it could possibly go to anyone but the golden sideburns this year

Freshly-embraced Andy Murray progressing to a medal? Tom daley in the solo dive, after losing his dad and the twitter bullying? Double-bereaved Taekwondo Sarah Stevenson getting gold? Like I said, I think Wiggins is the stand-out sports story of the year and would love to be proved wrong. I’m also cynical and aware there’s lots of time for another story to grip the general public’s imagination, and the beeb management would rather bathe in their own p— than promote a Murdoch enterprise.

So yeah, I know it’s a public vote.

jonba
    Free Member

Roll on September and he can get a nice rainbow jersey

brakes
    Free Member

oh my! it’s in the Netherlands isn’t it? and it’s my birthday…
    :starts plotting:

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

it’s in the Netherlands isn’t it?

Limburg, IIRC. Flat courses, I’d imagine.

However, a quick Wiki reveals…

Be warned that the terrain is very hilly by Dutch standards.

Some of these, then?

crikey
    Free Member

I think Limburg is where the Amstel Gold race takes place, and was the venue for the Worlds when Oscar Camezind won. I’ve ridden there, courtesy of a Brother-in-Law in the RAF, and it’s quite hilly in a foothills of the Pennines kind of way…

don’t count those chickens…

NZCol

Awesome ride, looked amazing but what I love the most is that it’s not about Wiggo for him, it’s for everyone. And I like that.

Houns

Watched the race from the run in to Cobham (outside the lochfyne restaurant(

Immense!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Wonderful day watching on the course. Saw the field go by then the wind blew over the satellite dish and reception was lost on the big screen ! Much huffing and puffing and all restored in time for the glorious finish.

Love the roundel on the helmet and the humour of the thrones in front of Hampton Court. Priceless.

TiRed

Thought martin rode a great race considering his injury. Well done Bradley, delighted for the gold. But the Worlds won’t be such a shoe in.

spacemonkey

Cracking day all round. Rode jauntily up to Cobham to see the women’s race before taking in a pint and some fine samosas from the Indian chappy. Then headed up towards Esher for the men’s race which was positively awesome. Sat on the very edge of the kerb for every pic – Sanchez in particular whizzed past literally within inches. Retired to the big screen only for it to lose signal with 3-4 mins to go … Aaaarrrghghgh … had to be re-installed and came back to life just in time for the finish.

richardk
    Free Member

Anyone got a good photo of him crossing the line with the rings reflected in his visor?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

But the Worlds won’t be such a shoe in.

Naaa, he’s not exactly got form for one day races, he’s got no sprint so unless he can solo to vicotry (and even then the pelaton would have to be caught not so much napping as in a coma).

Wiggins & Froome getting into a break and Wiggins sheltering Froome for a Froome win on the last climb would be epic though and I suspect Froome will need something to show for this year as he’s had an epic season but all in Brad’s shadow.

[edit] really should read the whole post/quote before quoting it, I read it in context as “the worlds is a shoe in”

rusty90
    Free Member

Naaa, he’s not exactly got form for one day races

I think we’re talking about the Worlds TT, not the road race.

Markend
    Free Member

I managed to get tickets to the finish – the atmosphere was absolutely incredible.

When they rounded the corner with 500M to go it just went crazy – I was on the corner at 150M to go and took a few pics…

Philipe Gilbert

Michael Rogers

Froome pushing hard

Got a bit snap happy when Wiggins came through

Once everyone was through and Wiggins had claimed gold they opened the road up to let spectators down to the big screen. Lots of noise and a rendition of the national anthem.

scotia
    Free Member

nice pics ^^

Viewing 33 posts - 241 through 273 (of 273 total)

The topic ‘Olympic TT Thread! – Spoilers within!’ is closed to new replies.