Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Old skool KONA clearout…what are they worth?
  • brack
    Free Member

Have a couple of Konas that I am thinking of sellng…

Both are in superb condition and 19 inches..

What sort of money could I ask for them?

1996 Kona explosif with original kit … maguras etc

1996 Kona Lava Dome with rejigged headset bars etc..still with thumbies though.

Free Member

£11.74 for the top one and £6 for the bottom one, i'll give you £20 for both delivered for that ol' tat.

Retrobike prob the best route to getting sold.
    jt

brack
    Free Member

JT – keep your pocket money for sweets and comics. 😀

Mounty_73

I love that lavadome. I had a 98 version, sold it about 2 years ago…had yours been a smaller frame I might have been tempted… 🙂

grommet
    Free Member

Keep the faith brack. Until fairly recently had a similar bike to your Explosif (a '96 Kiluaea) and often surprised myself at how well it rode when I dusted it off and left my 5-Spot in the shed for some R&R. Sold it a while back, made some reasonable money but have missed it since. Mail me if you would like specifics.

stevemorg2

I'm interested in the lavadome if you decide to sell it

brack
    Free Member

Oh the faith us still alive. I ride my 96 Killy everyday … It's been over the Himalayas, done most long routes. In the uk, malin to mizen, jogle, and still rides sweeeet.

Just need a clearout of bikes that tbh are slightly bigger than I like to ride now. I prefer an 18 /17.

silverpigeon
    Free Member

I'd like that Explosif. First dibs if you decide to sell it?

higgo
    Free Member

That's a '94 Lavadome isn't it?
    Looks remarkably like mine that I bought late '93.

http://www.konaretro.com/articles/catalogues/1994/15.jpg

M6TTF
    Free Member

The explosif will fetch good money on retrobike – I'd get over there and get them listed

brack
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies… What price should I be asking?

tangent
    Free Member

not sure about price…but on RetroBike site there is a specific thread just for valuing stuff if your really unsure. Folk seem to prefer just buying frame only , and individual components so be prepared for that is you go down that route…personally I'd keep one of them for a 'rainy day' – nice bikes!

brack
    Free Member

Have been offered £170 for the lava dome by a bloke from work ??? What do you think?

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

400 and 200 quid respectively I reckon would be top dollar for those two

I would happily take the 170 offer, no messing with postage and it does have newer parts on it which lowers the desirability quite a bit

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Old skool KONA clearout…what are they worth?’ is closed to new replies.