• This topic has 80 replies, 74 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by GDRS.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)
  • Old kit you still love.
  • forgotmename
    Free Member

My good old kitsuma, got it may 2001.
    kitsumi

pitduck
    Free Member

got some carbon time atacks from 2000 still going strong 8)

AlasdairMc

My red DX SPDs are still going strong, bought them in early 1999 I believe.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

I've got a Castelli roubaix fleece top from about 97ish. I wear it all the time whenever it's under 15 degrees or so. The zip is finally dying but that aint going to stop me using it.

It's up there with the bottle cage on my old Klein which was all that was left after numerous upgrades.

Bregante

I've got a no name plastic pump, the old style with two different tubes for presta /shraeder adaptors. Had loads of mini pumps but none of them work quite as well as this. Had it since at least 1995. cost about a fiver!

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

With you there. They are the best pumps.

HeatherBash
    Free Member

Most of my kit's old 😉

Flite saddles, Time pedals, Raceface XO Seatpost and NS cranks, Saint 2 pot brakes, Endura longs and 3/4's, XTR mechs and Shifters, Dakine Heli Pro sac, MH windbloc shirt, Montane smock, SBC shoes despite their crap ratchet buckles, SC Bullit and my original OS sheets 25, 36 and 44 😉

mudplugga
    Free Member

i'll get me coat!

Woody
    Free Member

My 10 year old Supertankers which were originally black and are now almost light grey + some ancient XT SPD's which are so big I use them as flatties them on the 'pub' bike but are still smooth.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Cannondale 6 panel shorts which date back to approx 1993, pad is still very comfy albeit a bit loose now.

spev

A Pace gilet that i've had for so long I cant remember when I bought it (I can remember where though oddly enough) also got 2 sets of Hope C2's (for the tandem) a pair of M636 spds,Hope sport hubs now on some Mavic 517's
    I've more old kit in the shed but that lot gets used

jae
    Free Member

my raceface turbine cranks and xt thumbshifters.

kiwijohn

GF Cadence fleece from 96 just won't die. Also a Rock Shox windbreaker from then, that's still good.
    The Time Z Controls on my Iron Horse MkIII are on their third bike.
    My Salsa is built from all old gear, XT thumbs, Hite Rite etc.
    For summer racing I use a 95 DBR Axis TT, rebuilt again with new gear.

flamejob
    Free Member

+1 Buffalo pertex jacket
    +1 For Pace Gilet

..also Kona (c2002) shorts that are made from some kind of self healing fabric from the future. I have ridden almost every ride in them for the last 7 years and they could still be sold as new today after more horrific crashes than I can remember.

and.. porelle dry socks; fantastic – I don't think they make them any more?

also… Giro SwitchBlade. I have two and, despite claims that they have taken peoples ears off, mine have kept my face pretty for nearly a decade. (wear a Hex now though 🙁 )

wearing/carrying all of it here-

spacehopper

Fave bike.. 🙂

RTS 🙂

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

My Oakley M frames, date back to 1998, bought on a holiday to Florida.

If I'm honest they're a bit like Triggers brush – 24 years, 4 heads, 6 brrompoles, but still 24 years old & going strong! (in the case of my Oaks the only original 1998 part is the grey lens, the frame & persimmon lens have been replaced in the last 12 years).

Mounty_73

My old Mule and Nike MTB shoes….very old and worn, but still life in them yet…

mlke
    Free Member

20 year old Brooks saddle …mmmm comfy

toxicsoks
    Free Member

1998 Pine Mountain frame – mint.

Tiger6791

Are you allowed to keep using Biopace cranks?

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

A Pace fleece that I bought in '94, still going strong for riding, plus walking and general mooching about. Colour scheme is a tad retro (grey fleece with turquoise / blue highlighting) but it works so well I'll never get rid of it.

Got a pair of '92 Nike Poohbah shoes (saw a pic of Tomac wearing them in MBUK and HAD to have some..) still in one piece. Only wear them occasionally for old time's sake.

Also have a pair of '95 Oakley M frames, frames have been replaced once about 10 years ago, and have a small crack in them now, but still work well.

Quite lot of my road kit dates back to the '90s.

simonlovesrocks
    Free Member

Still running some old hope ti 5 bolt hope bulb hubs , 3 sets of bearings later and still going strong on their sp d521s

KevinPP
    Free Member

I forgot all about my Hope hubs. Front and rear Ti disc hubs (6 bolt) in ano red. Can't remember when I got them but must have been around 2000. Not even had to change the bearings. Still running on the same wheels I built at the time with DT Rev's on 517CD Ceramics.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Rohloff chain checker. Bought it after I'd killed the first decent LX drivetrain I had, that would have been 1996ish, I reckon that the £20ish that I spent back then has paid for itself many times over in the last 14 years or so.

warpcow
    Free Member

+1 Buffalo (circa '97), and a pair of endura thermal tights from about '96. Bike-wise Onza barends (best ever!), and I have a '96 Kona Lavadome frame just waiting to be rebuilt into an SS commuter right now. I 'd never part with my first 'proper' bike.

trail_rat
    Free Member

1998 coke can big uns ….

dont have a use for em , dont even have disks for em – but i aint sold em !

robgarrioch

c. 1996 Shimano Alivio 7-speed rear mech + grip-shifters; can't believe it still works as well as day 1…

(photopage)

hillsplease

+1 Buffalo windshirt (1993 – tatty)
    +1 Hope Tiglide
    +1 Rohloff chain checker
    +1 Hope C2s

So why do I keep buying new stuff?

Andy-W
    Free Member

My XT Tumbshifters

coffeeking
    Free Member

My '99 Bomber Z1 dropoffs (still more plush feeling than any modern fork I've felt)
    My Hope DH4's – still the nicest combination of power and modulation that I've felt on discs.
    My Magura HS33's, still the best rim-brakes I know of.

JonR
    Free Member

My old Qranc DH gloves from 98, bit tatty now but they are a serious set.

glenp
    Free Member

(Absolute 100% stone cold) Classic Flite saddles. Two of mine are tatty in the extreme – if anything they improve with age and scars. A better looking saddle has never been and will never be made. Why on earth they discontinued them I can't imagine.

My puncture kit has been refilled countless times, and has been in need of a new box for about five years – its in Trigger's broom territory with none of the original elements but still my puncture kit.

GlennG
    Free Member

My old Orange pertex jacket (the one coverd in little orange logos) and a pair of Nike poobar spd shoes, both still in good condition.

lowey

Polaris Retroactive Jacket. Fleece inner, showerproof outer. See's me though all manner of filthy night rides.

thegerminator
    Free Member

syncros cranks on my romic shocked
    5 spot

bigdawg
    Free Member

I dont think IVe bought much this century, so pretty everything I have!

outstanding marks though too:

original M952 XTR (Full groupset still running perfectly) none of these girly discbrakes or nine speed setups here
    99 Carbon fs giant
    Syncros posts and stems
    1996 cannondale roadbike
    carbon giant frame
    Original mavic crossmaxs
    1996 endura 3/4 length bibs
    1996 mt500 shorts
    1996 IRC tyres

Cant be that bad using most of that lot I came 4th overall in the vets in the mud sweat and gears series last year…

P20

Replaced the odd bit, still going strong.

original M952 XTR (Full groupset still running perfectly) none of these girly discbrakes or nine speed setups here

M952 XTR was 9spd… 😆 😉

D0NK

97ish flite
    97 gf/bonty/trek unbranded seatpost
    97 stx 8sp shifters
    98 xt 8spd shifters (i've only just stopped using the V-brakes and levers)
    98 bombers
    98ish middleburn front hub
    oh and a crud guard set front and rear from late 90s
    All still in regular use, most of them on my inbred (04).
    good thread 🙂

debaser

D0NK

free with mbuk debaser? Lost mine recently, gutted, best levers ever.
    (pedros new dayglow ones aren't a bad replacement)

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘Old kit you still love.’ is closed to new replies.