Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Oi! Cheeky mincers! No!
  • JonEdwards
    Free Member

This goes out to you Mr “I’ll carve straight down through the bracken,arse on the back wheel, skidding up gert great chunks of peat instead of having a go at a couple of the finer hairpins in the Peak District”. If you can’t ride the line, for %&%^ sake, don’t just gouge yerself a new one!

That trail you’d just ridden down? It used to be one of the best bits of cheeky singletrack in the Peaks and about 1ft wide. People like you who couldn’t be arsed to ride the rocks and the technical sections are the reason why it’s 8ft wide now, and can be seen from all down the valley!

Your mates seemed to have a better idea. One was walking, one was having a good looksee, and hopefully having seen someone else do it, would be able to follow suit, and the guy at the front was doing alright for himself until he blew out the final corner. But at least he’d realised his mistake and stopped. With a bit of luck he’ll have done it right 2nd time round.

In this day and age there’s no excuse for crap skills. There’s books, there’s magazines, there’s t’internet and there’s skills courses. But above all there’s not fornicating the countryside up for everybody else. It’s bad enough doing it in places where bikes are supposed to be. Trashing locations where we’re at best tolerated does nobody any favours!

(Other than that it was a lovely ride! 🙂 )

RobHilton
    Free Member

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

You not a believer?

[/troll]

Mugboo

cynic-al
    Free Member

You did say this to him at the time?

matt_outandabout

Jon – about 8/10 for that rant. You could have added two extra points for adding excessive exclamation marks and an insult about the riders parentage.

JohnnyPanic

I know somewhere exactly like that – it’s a tragedy, but boys will be boys.

Part of the problem with spots like that is just the increased usage as MTB becomes more popular and cheeky spots get more known about.

Don’t know if there’s a solution.

binners

Was he a bloater? Some of us possess the same mass and density as a planet, and gravity dictates we can only go downhill in a straight line! Like an anvil falling off a cliff in a roadrunner cartoon! 😀

matt_outandabout

Don’t know if there’s a solution.

Land mine inside the corners?

JohnnyPanic

Umm, taping the permissible lines perhaps.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member
    You did say this to him at the time?

exactly what I thought.
    You could have made a point to the individual without causing confrontation, difficult choosing the right words and tone in the heat of the moment I suppose, especially If you were on your tod and they were a gang. Not saying I’d get my pecker out and start waving it around like 😉
    At the end of the day, if not him, there’s going to be plenty others doing the same, unfortunately. Go back and block his line off?.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Cheeky singletrack you say, people riding different lines you say, ho-hum

rob-jackson
    Free Member

jon agreed – the dh you speak of is being ruined especially on the last left corner that is now more than 8ft wide!!

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

I rode in the Peak for the first time for nearly a year today. I did the usual classic route starting at Fairholmes, up WLT, down t’other side, Thornhill, up Win Hill, Blackley Clough, Rowley then Lockerbrook. Beautiful day for riding, great conditions and I had it pretty much to myself.

I rode a descent for the first time which really impressed me. Possibly cheeky but there wasn’t a soul around, so what the hell. Although towards the bottom it seemed quite damaged and opened up much more than I remember seeing it as I’d passed previously. Possibly irrigation, possibly people taking liberties. A combination of the two.

Anyway, I’ll get to the point. I couldn’t help notice how eroded the trails were throughout the route. How many new lines had been taken and worn in over time.

thepodge
    Free Member

#throughpuddlesroundcorners

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Up on Hope Cross this evening and it’s like a 6 lane highway, more and more parallel routes to avoid he puddles, it’s only water FFS!

scandal42
    Free Member

If it’s the bit I’m thinking of then we actually saw a bloke taking about 20 badly prepared young kids up there on all manner of ‘non ideal’ bikes, wearing motorcycle helmets.

They were pushing up from the bottom and going all over the place, I cannot imagine the utterly horrific outcome of the descent that was to follow.

kelvin

Not just the Peak District, straightlining nice twisty moorland trails is becoming the norm.

dmorts

straightlining nice twisty moorland trails is becoming the norm

Is this due to increased wheel diameter? Just sayin…. 🙂

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

650B & 29″. Killing corners on a trail near you.

chip
    Free Member

Straight lining.
    I thought the root of such evil was STRAVA..
    (Runs away)

avdave2

It used to be one of the best bits of cheeky singletrack in the Peaks

So the problem is that someone is riding where you like to ride but are not supposed to ride but not in the way you should ride where you aren’t supposed to ride.

You probably don’t have the requisite skills to follow my line but frankly in this day and age there is no excuse for crap thinking. There’s books, there’s magazines, there’s t’internet and there’s education. 🙂

Trekster

There’s books, there’s magazines, there’s t’internet and there’s education.

However some of are still a bit thick and lacking bottle ❗ 🙄 😳

I blame YouTube, Barnes, Askrigg, McCasgill and those sweaty northerners etc 😆

When I first started riding in the Lakes we avoided riding on footpaths as all the books, map advice, locals etc advised ie respect the countryside code.
    Nowadays ❓ 😐

mrvear
    Free Member

Whilst riding Nanbield the other day I noticed lots more sissy lines through the grass next to the beautiful rocky singletrack. I dont get it, wheres the fun in that?

DanW
    Free Member

Umm, taping the permissible lines perhaps.

Enduro is where it’s at and Enduro is all about ducking and cutting the tape 😆

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Dickspanner Titscrew, how did you learn to be brilliant?
    How did a 1ft trail become a 2ft trail?

People USED it.

Back to your desk.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Oi! Cheeky mincers! No!’ is closed to new replies.