Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Offroad Lights for £150ish?
  • namastebuzz
    Free Member

OK – Any suggestions?

Been looking around at reviews and scouring eBay and online shops.

Mate of mine wants some lights to join us for night rides but £150 odd is his budget.

I use an Exposure Enduro Max 2 which is OK but I now see there are all manner of systems out there but don't know if there are any standout performers at the lower end of the price range?

rolfharris
    Free Member

Light and Motion Stellas are wonderful- very light, very well made. They're not noticeable on my helmet, and the light from my 200 model is excellent- more than enough to see technical trail stuff by. Battery life is excellent (I don't need to charge them at 24 hour races as a pairs rider).

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Cheers dude I'll have a look at some 🙂

Swalsey
    Free Member

I've had some Hope 2-LED lights for a couple of years, and they are fine for all but te fastest descents – I've seen them for £160. Oh and Hope have been unreal – they repaired them for free at 2 years old!

sturider

Hi there i manage The Bicycle Shop in Skipton and we have just taken onboard a light company called Lumacy which retails at 150 quid
    and gives out 900 lumens.The output is the same as other brands lights that can cost twice this amount. Oli.

joemarshall
    Free Member

Lumacy which retails at 150 quid

Isn't that the people who are importing this light that costs £50, and marking up the price by 200% to sell in bike shops (I think they called their lights Leddite?)

If so, do they just stick a UK plug on it, and add £100? Or are there more upgrades included? The pictures of it on je-james look identical to the pictures on deal extreme. £100 sounds like quite a bit extra just so that you get the light a week faster (and presumably have a UK warranty?).

Joe

allthepies
    Free Member

Joe – yup -> http://www.leddite.co.uk/

>The output is the same as other brands lights that can cost twice this amount.

And the light is the same as can be obtained from DealExtreme at 1/3 of the price 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

sturider:

Hi there i manage The Bicycle Shop in Skipton and we have just taken onboard a light company called Lumacy which retails at 150 quid
    and gives out 900 lumens.The output is the same as other brands lights that can cost twice this amount. Oli.

Nice first post. Advertising a £50 light that your knocking out for £150.

yamyambiker
    Free Member

+1 for Hope Vision 2 LEDs, just got a set and have only been out once with them but they are great. Still good to use a head torch with them as well though.

z1ppy

Stu do your self a favour and walk away from this thread (& don't mention that light again) before you taken to town…namastebuzz see my comment and link to the light here:
    http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/accessories/lights/front/product/luma-c-10-35357

Northwind

£150? 2 DX lights and spend the rest on blackjack (£50 won't run to very much blackjack and hookers action, so you might have to settle just for the blackjack)

stevemorg2

If the DX wait is too long then the Airbike light from On-One at £100 takes a lot of beating – a mate bought one last year and it works very well.

john_l
    Free Member

YOur mate can buy my Hope HID Vision with 2 batteries for £130 if he likes.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Offroad Lights for £150ish?’ is closed to new replies.