Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Off road walking shoe / trainer type thingies.
  • Harry_the_Spider

My feet are killing me after chasing my kids for about 6 miles yesterday whilst wearing inappropriate footwear and my aging Salomon’s are worn out and have been relegated to decorating shoe status.

I need something with a bit of “bounce”. Adidas Turf Royal and Samba are sadly not up to the job. Which is a shame as I have 4 pairs of them 😕

What are the hip young gunslingers of STW currently strutting around the trail centre car parks and Audi showrooms in?

pirahna
    Free Member

Scarpa Margarita

thestabiliser
    Free Member

I’ve got some really good ones but I don’t know what theyre called cos they’re so hip and niche even the artisan that crafted them from organic sable eyebrows hadn’t even heard of them.

johndoh
    Free Member

I just got some Karrimor ones from TK Maxx – £30, job done.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

While they look rather naff, Dunlop Squash trainers have a lot of heel cushioning and quite a lot of arch support.

If you fit the Saloman last, they’ll be a bit wide especially at the front. But try them, you can usually find them for £20 in Sports Direct or similar.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

The Karrimor ones I looked at didn’t have a midsole.

EDIT – old post:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/approach-shoes-for-cycling#post-5672126

ferrals
    Free Member

got a pair of berghaus vibram soled jobbies for £30 in a designer outlet. Seem comfortable although no arch support really

binners

I believe one has to be wearing boating shoes with no socks

Harry_the_Spider

I’ve had Karrimor in the past and they were too hard.

dazh
    gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I’ve had Karrimor in the past and they were too hard.

Brand has changed hands. New stuff is pudding.

mark90
    Free Member

The Karrimor ones I looked at didn’t have a midsole.

Some ‘approach’ style shoes don’t have much cushioning/midsole, but the pair of trail running shoes I’ve been sporting for a few weeks do and are very comfy. So far so good. Can’t report on long term durability.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Nike with lunarlon soles, comfiest trainers ever.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Always Salomon for me.

Nothing last so long or is as comfortable

IHN

New Balance gore-tex trail running shoes/Trainers. They’re great

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

http://www.thenorthface.co.uk/tnf-uk-en/men-hedgehog-fastpack-goretex-shoes/p110535.html

Northface Hedgehog. I got some in the sale recently and am in love.

DezB
    Free Member

Haglofs Gram AMs – the most comfortable shoes ever. Even can wear them to ease plantar fasciitis.
    (Got them in SportPursuit sale, not sure if they still have them)

NW Hedgehogs fell apart when I used them for dog walking for 6 months

johndoh
    Free Member

I really, REALLY can’t get my head around paying considerably more than £100 on a pair of mass-produced shoes.

senorj

I always buy “approach” type shoes at the new balance factory shop in Flimby ,or Keswick .
    They work for me.

martinhutch

Northface Hedgehog. I got some in the sale recently and am in love.

+1 for Hedgehogs falling to bits quickly. Not good at all.

CraigW
    Free Member

Merrell Chameleon Wrap Slam for me. I use them for all sorts of off-road walking, comfy for me, usually last a few years.

I don’t bother with Goretex versions – if its that wet, I’ll just wear wellies.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve changed over from Salomon Sportcross 3’s to La Sportiva Crosslites. Dunno why I did it but I’ve run through 4 pairs of SportCross’s and the tread doesn’t last that long.. anyways these La Sportiva Crosslites are very comfortable and I really like wearing them. I’ll let you know how they hold up in about a couple of months..

allfankledup

Salomon have a two year warranty – so when they start to squeak mine were replaced on the spot… Awesome warranty covered by Tiso in Glasgow. Happy days.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member
    eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

The speedcross 3 is nice and ‘bouncy’. I bought a pair then to find me and running don’t get along (knee ligament problems). Size 10.5 if you want them, used for 5kms!

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Off road walking shoe / trainer type thingies.’ is closed to new replies.