Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Oakley sunglasses PSA – mucho cheapness
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

http://www.okoutlet.co.uk

Hopefully this won’t be too good to be true but Oakley eyewear at sub £15, I took a chance and ordered a couple of pairs.

iolo
    Free Member

Good luck with buying fake shit sunglasses.

Jakester
    Free Member

Hmm, no address, references to China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission… I smell, if not a scam, then something a bit dodge…

UK registrar though:

of WHOIS query:

Domain name:
    okoutlet.co.uk

Registrant:
    Dan Thurston

Registrant type:
    Unknown

Registrant’s address:
    107 Charterhouse Street
    London
    London
    EC1M 6HW
    United Kingdom

Data validation:
    Registrant contact details validated by Nominet on 18-Mar-2014

Registrar:
    GoDaddy.com, LLP. [Tag = GODADDY]
    URL: http://uk.godaddy.com

edlong
    Free Member

Good luck tracing them for a refund when they don’t appear or are obvious fakes – what with the sum total of the contact details on the website being a gmail address..

njee20
    Free Member

Hopefully this won’t be too good to be true but Oakley eyewear at sub £15

You’re kidding, aren’t you?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

😯 I’m screwed.

njee20
    Free Member

Actually, looking at their Radars I’m convinced, they look just like the real thing:

£15 version:

Real ones:

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

These guys have hacked the pants off of my mates FB account too. Flooding everyone’s ‘news’ feed with adverts in his name.

Jakester
    Free Member

Tell your bank to cancel the transaction…

njee20
    Free Member

These guys have hacked the pants off of my mates FB account too. Flooding everyone’s ‘news’ feed with adverts in his name.

I keep seeing these ‘promotional videos’ with everyone tagged in.

spawnofyorkshire

I bought a real pair of Polarised Fives for £30 through the actual Oakley outlet. There are deals out there for real ones if you look around

wrecker
    Free Member

Good luck with buying fake shit sunglasses.

Is that really called for? Jeez do you speak to people like that in real life?
    Would it have been too much to say “sorry mcmoonter, but I think they might be counterfeit”?
    Jeez. This place sometimes.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Tell your bank to cancel the transaction…

Doing that right now.

EDIT I called my credit card company, they said that the payment had gone through, but when I receive the goods, and if they aren’t genuine, I need to contact Oakley expressing my concerns and forward that back to the CC company and they will refund me. I was anxious too that they have my CC details, but they assured me I would be protected against that. They have logged the call etc.

A friend forwarded the link via Facebook. Top sleuthing folks. thanks.

hora
    Free Member

Any good sites for (legit) Oakleys?

yorkshire89
    Free Member

http://www.eyewearoutlet.co.uk/sunglasses-c76/oakley-m1

Not quite as cheap as OP’s recommendation though 😆

bear-uk
    Free Member

Well I fell for it but have managed to cancel my card before the transaction has gone through.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Well I fell for it but have managed to cancel my card before the transaction has gone through.

Feels a huge sense of relief that I’m not alone in Gulliblesville.

Beagleboy

I got my Oakley Sideways (and was actually wearing them today….in Glasgow!!!!!), last year from the eyewearoutlet place that Yorkshire89 mentions. Think they cost me around £60-£70 and came fully boxed and warrantied. Well pleased.

C.

richmtb

To be fair I was ready to take a punt before I read all the post on the thread

plus-one

I use these guys

http://www.shadestation.co.uk

Great service and usually cheapest(bar eyewear outlet that only has limited styles)

Dylan08
    Free Member

Assuming youre prepared for the barrage of fraudulent transactions of your credit card. No such thing as a free lunch! Good luck..

iolo
    Free Member

Is that really called for? Jeez do you speak to people like that in real life?

Yes I do. Did I say anything wrong?

bear-uk
    Free Member

Yes you should have got to the point told him straight. 🙂

beej

Cyclestore.co.uk often have discounts – 20% or so. Good for replacement lenses too.

wrecker
    Free Member

Just plain rude IMO.

iolo
    Free Member

Oh well. Each to their own.

scaredypants

njee20 – Member
    Actually, looking at their Radars I’m convinced, they look just like the real thing

Must say, the fake ones look better to me – is that an oakley style with another name of did they totally make it up ?

CountZero

Looks vaguely like a Half-Jacket, maybe an earlier version:

Or maybe an older version of the Flak-Jacket:

bigjim

I bought a real pair of Polarised Fives for £30 through the actual Oakley outlet. There are deals out there for real ones if you look around

do you mean physical store or online? really want a pair of polarized fives but as a serial sunglass killer I can’t justify full price as they’ll only last a summer

dirtyrider
    Free Member

awww i thought we were all going to get free glasses like last time 😥

njee20
    Free Member

Must say, the fake ones look better to me – is that an oakley style with another name of did they totally make it up ?

Totally made up

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Well they turned up this morning.

They aren’t even 1p lucky bag quality.

I will take some pics, email Oakley for verification that they are fakes and then write to my credit card company for a refund.

loddrik
    Free Member

Just buy some Blocs instead. Great quality and cheap too.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Counterfeit stuff is sooo easy to sell online for obvious reasons, no wonder so many people get caught.

Its the old adage that if it looks too good to be true…..it almost certainly is!

Houns

Extra 20% off everything at eyewear outlet too

Sundayjumper

I had exactly this conversation with my boss last year. He very proudly said he’d found somewhere that does all styles of Oakleys for £15 but would not entertain the idea that they MIGHT NOT BE GENUINE.

He also reckons you can break a chain really easily just by “pedalling hard in a high gear” and that he could easily go under the hour for a 25 mile time trial.

He hasn’t bought the Oakleys, has never broken a chain, or ever done a time trial 🙄

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Oakley sunglasses PSA – mucho cheapness’ is closed to new replies.