Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Oakley Prizm trail users ?
  • shredder
    Free Member

Anybody tried the Oakley Prizm trail lenses ?

The-Beard

I was just looking at them just now – looks suspiciously like the VR28 blue iridium to me!

hot_fiat

Not trail, but stoopidly bought my dad some Prizm Rose snow goggles for Christmas. Having borrowed them for one run in mixed light I’m now going to be £120 worse off as the mental flag against them went from “would like” to “want” to “must have at all costs” in about 200m. Proper game changing witchcraft.

Houns

Not yet, but they (and rest of the Prizm range) are meant to be amazing

However they are tuned to let certain colours of the trail through, I can’t see how the same lens will work on dusty Californian trails to muddy Wyre forest trails

Sadly skint at the moment so can’t afford any to try

shredder
    Free Member

I thought the same but looking around its so complicated.

You can get Prizm Trail along with clear vented in a package with Racing Jackets.

Any other suggestions on where to buy / look ?

Im looking for black framed Racing jackets with the most appropriate for MTB lenses I can get.

Houns

Ten eighty are great guys, contact them and they’ll assist

http://www.oakley.com/en/prizm/sun

shredder
    Free Member

Thanks Houns have dropped them a line. Just need to be sure on lens choice.

Houns

If you get them give us a review

The-Beard

Indeed. I’d be very interested too! Though if I’m caught buying any more Oakley’s my wife may well kill me…

shredder
    Free Member

Looked through them in Elis Brigham the other day at a Prizm test screen thingy. I know this doesn’t tell me anything but certainly gave a nice bounce to everything.

firestarter
    Free Member

How did i know houns would be over here 😉 get back to looking after that redhead lol

njee20
    Free Member

I just get a load of “Page Not Found” errors when I try and “view the collections” on the Oakley website 🙁

The-Beard

There is 20% off Oakley Prizm stuff with the code OAKLEY20 at Cyclestore right now. My wife will never notice a new set of lenses. I’m sure she won’t…

shredder
    Free Member

Actual glasses cheaper still here

Onzadog
    Free Member

But not actually available.

Houns

Any joy Shredder?

shredder
    Free Member

@Houns yes had them a little while now (swapping jaws and icons :D) But not a great deal of ride time yet.
    Couple of rides in they seem superb just boost / pick out contours and variations in the trail. Using them localy in a mix of woodland and open. Got them from Cyclestore in the end and came with a set of clear vented as well. 20% off voucher and super quick. Feels like I have a good lense spread with the clear and the prizm. But as said not a great deal of time in yet but very impressed so far.

shredder
    Free Member

Would say this is pretty acurate description of the lense.

Oh and of course look pimp / enduro …

Houns

Excellent, thank you. Best save my pennies

variflex
    Free Member

Had a quick demo of them today at my local demo day. Oakley were there handing them out for use on a loop of the surrey hills.

I was totally amazed to be honest and Im not normally a glasses fan. They brighten up colours and highlight the trail material really REALLY well.

So much so, when you take them off, everything literally looks grey…..really grey!!

New jawbreakers with prizm lenses will be available from April, and they look proper beefy and will be great for both road and mountain. Radarlock version of the lenses will be June according to the oakley rep.

I think they really are a game changer, and as I say I dont normally give two hoots about glasses…I normally just wear safety glasses for MTB and some cheap RG’s for road. Guess I need to start saving.

mikeep
    Free Member

I’m not a fan to be honest. Just made everything brown, didn’t think contrast was improved.

Pair of racing jacket lenses for sale soon I think.

davidxbrown
    Free Member

There was a Oakley stand at Pedalabikeaway last weekend, Me and a mate got some demo Radar Locks Prism Trail for most of the day, truly amazing even in poor light in the trees, we rode some more after handing them back and everything was dull and grey, I’m a convert and on the lookout for a good deal…..

stevede
    Free Member

So these work in low light conditions then? My main riding is woods based so clear lenses tend to work best normally. I’m guessing i’ll still need clear lenses for night riding? Looking at getting the racing jacket prizm trail.

akak
    Free Member

The racing jackets come with clear as well. I was going to ask if its possible to demo them so its good to hear that it is. Is it a better choice than a photochromic?

almightydutch
    Free Member

Blown away by using a pair yesterday at the Cannock Chase leisure lakes demo day. I wasn’t really convinced after just putting them on, yes everything was brighter but it wasn’t until I took them off you realise.

Not a massive glasses fan (especially expensive ones I can scratch and break often) but these are a gamechanger.

atlaz
    Free Member

Thread necromancy. Is there much difference between the prizm trail and road?

krixmeister

For what it’s worth – don’t know for sure, but I believe there is supposed to be some difference in tuning for light frequencies for colors. I’ve used my Trail glasses on several road rides, haven’t died, and am still (a couple of months in) very very pleased with them overall. As said above – when taking them off, everything does seem grey.

jam1e
    Free Member

I’ve used mine for about a week now and really like them.

As others have said they make the day look sunnier/brighter and things look very dull and grey when you take them off.

The lenses do help highlight contrast with vegetation.

The only downside that I can think of is they do make you look a bit ‘Bono’:

Mbnut
    Free Member

Sorry to seem daft but do the clear lenses still have the Prism effect.

I am pretty blind so can’t wear tinted glasses as I can see nothing when in low light or under trees.

My idea would be a clear lens that aids with definition.

Thanks

shredder
    Free Member

No the clear lenses are nothing but clear.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Oakley Prizm trail users ?’ is closed to new replies.