Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Oakley Prizm – Road or Trail for riding road AND trails?
  • nemesis
    Free Member

I’d like to get a set of new Oakleys with the prizm lenses but which ones? I ride both road and mtb so which is the best compromise for both?

From what I’ve read here and elsewhere, the road is a little darker and maybe less brown in colour so I’m thinking that the trail one might be better in that I’d rather have slightly too light lenses than too dark.

Thoughts/experiences of people who’ve tried or better still, have both?

nemesis
    Free Member

No one?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Your logic makes sense.

I doubt it’d make a huge difference despite what Oakleys marketing people will have written about them.

leythervegas
    Free Member

I’ve got Trail and they are great for both. I manage an opticians and we sell a lot of Oakley and the trail seems more popular. Try and download the free Oakley ‘mad science’ app on iphone or android. It shows the vision you’ll get through both lenses.

nemesis
    Free Member

Thanks. Will do.

Out of interest, has anyone tried the new Radar EV model yet? Maybe looks a bit odd off the bike with the extended lense but I reckon it’d be good at getting the frame out of your line of sight.

mattmbk
    Free Member

I have the Radar EV with road lenses. Perfect in most conditions apart from dusk so I would guess a touch dark for forest situations but they give a really relaxed feel to your vision. As a contact lens wearer I went for them as they offer extra coverage to keep the wind out which they do really well. You can only just see the top of the lens when you assume your aero tuck position, much better than the standard Radars I have used for years. I’m tempted to buy another pair rather than just extra lenses.
    I went for the red and white, probably wouldn’t wear them in a non sporting situation I look enough of a pratt already!

variflex
    Free Member

Hmmm, Ive both road and trail and would definitely say there is a difference. Trail enhances the browns and greens more than the road version, so its almost like comparing apples and pears. Having said that I could just be sight impaired so to speak.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve got these Radar Prizm Road

and these Jawbreaker Prizm Road

And to be honest if you mix road and trial then I’d choose the Radar’s. Simple reason is that the Jawbreakers have the bottom clamp and that just touches your cheek when they bounce on yer head.

Other than that TBH both are bloody excellent. So, pays yer money etc etc.

dhrider
    Free Member

Having tried both side by side they are completely different. As that is the case i’d say get a pair which you can change the lens in so you can buy a prizm trail and a prizm road lens set for both types of riding.

nemesis
    Free Member

Jawbreakers aren’t on the list – have you seen them?! 😉

Only one lense for me. I’m thinking that I might actually be inclined to the road peizm as I have transitions lenses already and they’re brilliant for mtbing.

Tracey

Got Kevin some custom Flakjackets from Oakley with their discount code. Ordered with Prizm trails. They arrived yesterday just in time for our Alps trip. First impressions are very good and clear.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Oakley Prizm – Road or Trail for riding road AND trails?’ is closed to new replies.