Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Nukeproof Reactor light charger/battery problem
  • Marmoset
    Free Member

Just noticed that my battery charge indicator was low after being on charge. It appears that charger is not charging, the light was green when I unplugged it but it is supossed to turn red when plugging the battery back in, but it stays green – as if it’s not recognising something needs charging. I’ve checked the charger on the meter and there’s definitely a charge coming from it, battery seems ok.

Any ideas on what’s wrong? Connection between the two seems nice and tight.

spanishfly
    Free Member

Have you checked that it’s not the charge light?

depth-junkie
    Free Member

Surely it will only turn red again, if the battery needs charging? if its just been fully charged why would it go from green to red?

At least thats what happens with my 2. Battery life indicator on battery goes from green to amber on the battery pack when in use. Plug in the charger and the charge light comes on the charger Red (charging) and then light’s green when fully charged. Unplug the charger and the battery life indicator will now show green again on the battery pack. If you plug the charger in again it will still be green as the battery will still be fully charged.

Grapefruit
    Free Member

I’ve been having a problem with my reactor light as well. Occasionally just won’t work despite being fully charged. Have had to ride home in darkness now a couple of times only for the light to magically work again when I test it at home. Pretty annoying. Dodgy connection or have I just not got the right knack with the button?

Marmoset
    Free Member

I’ve just charged it up after modifying my dinotte charger, so it seems it’s the charger at fault, could be the same with yours grapefruit.

Grapefruit
    Free Member

Thanks for the tip marmoset. How do you go about modifying the charger? If it carries on being this unpredictable I will probably have to send it back.

dreednya

I’ve found that sometimes with mine the light is green, but wiggle the leads coming out of the battery then it turns red again and then charges as normal. Loose connection somewhere in mine I think.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Nukeproof Reactor light charger/battery problem’ is closed to new replies.