Home Forums Bike Forum Nukeproof Mega Custom Build + (Mega Frame Durability)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Nukeproof Mega Custom Build + (Mega Frame Durability)
  • benjamin_mtb
    Free Member

Hello I have a nukeproof mega frame that I bought for £700 with no shock but now with no spare parts available for the mega would it still be worth building it up or should I sell the frame on and buy something like a Specialized Stumpjumper Evo ?

Also what is the frame durability like on the latest mega frames as I have seen a few cracked frames on owners groups and forums?

dyna-ti

I dont think theres a frame out there you cant find pics of somewhere where its cracked, split or in the case of carbon delaminated.

Build it, ride it enjoy it and take what happens.

dartdude
    Free Member

Didn’t you ask same query a few weeks back?!

ads678

I mean you’ve got the frame already,and you won’t be able to sell it for what you paid, so may as well build it.

Just build the bloody thing ;-)

benjamin_mtb
    Free Member

HAHA I think I will I just wanted to see if anyone else experienced much issues with the frames or whether they are actually Nukeproof ?

benjamin_mtb
    Free Member

Yeah I just wanted to see if I would get any more replies but this is the last time I’ll ask I guess most people think I should just build it so I will probably do that

dartdude
    Free Member

Word build WORD! ?

munrobiker
    Free Member

Is it carbon? If so, build it and ride definitely. If it cracks it can be easily and cheaply repaired.

benjamin_mtb
    Free Member

Yeah it’s a carbon frame so I guess that’s an advantage at least it could be repaired if anything happens

zerocool

Either sell it for about £200 or build and ride it. When was the last time you broke a frame?

no one will want to buy it because of all the reasons you listed. But odds are it’ll last ages and you can get replacement parts on eBay.

or ask us again in 3 weeks time to see if we have changed our mind.

noeffsgiven
    Free Member

I’d still love to know what Mike Ashley’s plans are for Nukeproof, did he think someone would’ve made him an offer by now to bring it back from the grave, I doubt he’s negotiating with the decent Taiwanese factories to start it all up again.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.