Home Forums Bike Forum NS Bikes Surge Evo Owners

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • NS Bikes Surge Evo Owners
  • DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

My cheapo CRC NS Bikes Surge Evo frame arrived today (I’d semi forgotten I’d even bought one!) and its led immediately to wondering how I’ll build it. Initial thoughts are just to build something as cheap as possible for saving the full sus for winter slop and doing some doorstep slightly XC orientated style rides.

Wondering if there are any other owners on here and how you’ve built yours? I know they can take big forks but was thinking some 140mm forks, dropper post and a 1x setup.

Headset wise, the spec is “Integrated tapered IS42/IS52” – can I get an angleset for this to slacken the HA a touch? Rear wheel is 135×10 so suspect I’ll need to delve into the used market for some old skool wheels…

sideways
    Free Member

I just ordered one and intend to build it with the kit off my 26″ DMR trailstar, which is 1×8 with a 150mm Z1 anniversary edition forks… Got it so I could run a dropper, but the question is – how long did you have to wait for the frame to turn up?!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Nearly a week. I’m on the verge of sending it back – impulse purchase and I don’t really need it or have the will to build it I suspect…

GeForceJunky

I had a look at the geo and it looks like typical jump bike; short and steep, not something you’d want to pedal anywhere.

sideways
    Free Member

It arrived with no fuss (at one point I thought it wasn’t going to…), got it built up, rides much more nicely than my Trailstar, doing the London 2 Brighton Off-Road at the weekend :-)

Thinking of moving it to 27.5 Wheels though…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.