Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Now that's a quality burger. Recipe suggestions
  • benp1

What’s a burger holder (and don’t say a bun!)

I often squish the middle but I think I need a ring to make the outside edge round (and not rippled like a handpressed one)

Scapegoat

If you get the fat content right you don’t need a press.

Adding onion is sacrilege. It also makes them fall apart.

jamj1974

Chill your burgers before cooking and then remove a little while before cooking. That keeps your burgers intact.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

I will almost certainly get flamed for this but I’ve never had a home made burger that I prefer to a decent quality bought frozen burger . I know that there’s probably all sorts of reclaimed meat and crap in them but they taste so good .

trail_rat
    Free Member

Onion does not make them fall apart.

I use good quality mince . If it comes from asda or tesco yer **** already as I’ve never had good mince from there. Always dry grey tasteless crap.

If you use low fat lean meat your burgers will be dry and crumbly.

I make 30 odd burgers every couple of weeks for the burger night at work. What I’ve settled on for a recipe is 3kg good mince ,2 beaten eggs for binding also 5 oatcakes crunched up one small onion , 2 cloves garlic a small green chilli and a chipotle chilli all blitzed in the blender and added in then I mix them up by hand and lay them into tin foil shaped by hand and sprinkle lightly with salt

I cook them for about 10 min in tin foil on the braai then move the grill down close to flame and lay them direct on the grill. Give them a squash with the spatula and the fat runs into the coals it flames up and chars them .

Before lifting off be sure to put your cheese on while on the heat let it melt into the top of burger

Cut your bun in half and stick it on the grill for a few minutes to toast it – stops that falling apart

Eat 🙂

The other thing – if you use good meat your burgers are unlikely I shrink like shop bought ones which are full of water to plump them up. So shape them the size of your roll rather than over size and get them nice and thin as I also find they tend to swell

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Make this stuff….

But make it outside, as it’ll wreck yer sinuses and yer eyes!

Amazing smoky, spicy stuff, last for months and can be used to enhance so many things, Burgers, texmex, chilli con carne, and amazing in mayo on yer burger.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Now that's a quality burger. Recipe suggestions’ is closed to new replies.