Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Now that iDave is working in the media
  • Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

have any of the STW members got there money back?

Just curious?

BB

jota180
    Free Member

Keva
    Free Member

it’s over there /it’s their money.

donsimon
    Free Member

bigyinn
    Free Member

Im having my first coffee of the day…..

logical
    Free Member

As a prize for the worst attempt at stirring up trouble the wooden spoon goes to

Bianchi-Boy!!

stevewhyte
    Free Member

I don’t understand this post, is this one of those cryptic in house stw things that only a few understand?

philconsequence
    Free Member

when you say ‘working in the media’ is this referring to his appearances on BBC news as an Ex GB cycling coach? are we assuming he got paid?

donsimon
    Free Member

I don’t understand this post, is this one of those cryptic in house stw things that only a few understand?

School holidays.

atlaz
    Free Member

Short version. iDave did some stuff for free. Then offered to do a more in-depth service for money. He took the money and for some of the people at least did nothing for it. A variety of excuses, apologies, holidays etc. Not sure if refunds were received.

logical
    Free Member

Edited – Beaten to it. But previous post didn’t have pitchforks, torches and baying for blood.

jota180
    Free Member

You’ll probably need a big pot of coffee and a comfy chair

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/paying-for-services-then-not-getting-them-what-to-do

logical
    Free Member

I think there was some mention of bombers, goolies and urine soaked shoes.

iDave
    Free Member

Interesting assumption that less than 5 mins as a guest on the news is ‘working in the media’…

And is the OP suggesting that I shouldn’t work?

boblo
    Free Member

No. I think the OP is suggesting you should pay back the money you took from people and then failed to provide the service that was paid for (sometimes called taking payment under false pretences). The media bollix is just a red herring…

Realman and iDave: two of STW’s finest.

iDave
    Free Member

“took from people under false pretences”

Is that what I did? Quite an accusation to make.

boblo
    Free Member

Ok. Did you provide the services you were paid to provide? If not, have you now refunded the people you promised to refund?

IHN

Realman and iDave: two of STW’s finest.

Given the overblown and continuing mauling that one of them got and the relative amounts of money involved, I struggle to understand how the other is getting off so lightly.

scuzz
    Free Member

It’s fun that you addressed a murky inference while ignoring the actual post, well done!

Junkyard
    Free Member

So you have sorted the situation then or have you still just been cycling round the globe whilst riddled with angst about what you have done but you have still done nothing?

Why not take the time to not read this and do them some plans or get a job and pay them back?

At least apologise or act like you are trying to sort it rather than come on here like this

YOu may have had your problems and you proably did but it is clear to all that sorting out STW issues who have paid you for nothing is not amongst your priorities in life….very poor

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

What the **** has this got to do with anyone who’s not directly involved?

Anyway, now that he’s famous I’m ebaying a cigarette butt of his.

http://www.ebay.com/iSmoking

IHN

About as much as the handbags between Realman and whoever he sold allegedly knackered bits (brakes?) to, not that it mattered to the baying mob.

boblo
    Free Member

This is a Community. One of the benefits is sharing information about both positive and negative experiences when dealing with other members of the Community. E.g. Experiences in the classifieds.

jota180
    Free Member

I suspect you could lay that question at 99% of the posts in the chat forum or for that matter most of the content of the newspapers

user-removed
    Free Member

TSY. It’s not really a case of ‘what’s it got to do with you’. It’s more to do with wanting to see a situation resolved – a situation that any of us might have found ourselves in.

boblo
    Free Member

So iDave, 3 mins to respond to a ‘scurrilous’ accusation but unable to respond to a reasonable question? How so?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Is that your view in general TSY …your post count would plummet- or just when it is a mate?

i think the feeling is he “marketted” himself via STW took some money from the community and did not deliver. I accept he had no intention of doing this and it was not a deliberate scam.

however since it happened – how many months ago?- he has not exactly shown herculean or Olympic levels of endurance , dedication and commitment to resolving the issues has he?

He then comes on here and is a little off with folk now as well

Do some plans or do soem work with your free time to remedy this or you look like you ripped folk off and have little to no intention of resolving the issue

IIRC he has said a number of times he will sort it and it would appear he has not.

We all have probelems and he had some serious ones but he has also taken money from folk and given them nothing in return and he has had plenty of time do some plans for example – that takes time not money……I think we have the right to comment on his actions.

soobalias
    Free Member

is it fair to assume from the above posts by both TSY and iDave that nothing has been resolved? Its an identical situation to Realman and other less well known classified scammers.

bit of a shame the ‘community’ here cannot/will not police itself

perhaps i should just wait for the “iDave finally did my training plan nearly a year late, but better than never hey?” thread. do make that one sticky for a week or so, i would hate to miss it.

onehundredthidiot

So have to persons who did not receive the services taken it to small claims, or police? Having seen what has happened to “providers of a service/item” in the past it would seem that this has dragged on too long.

Obviously I have no vested interest apart from to watch the multi faced way this has been argued.

Maybe not “obviously” but I’m declaring my “reading purely for interests sake” status.

Cougar

Wow. I’m amazed no-one’s ever mentioned it before.

Whilst I sympathise with his situation, after this length of time he’s clearly either unable, or unwilling, to return people’s money. Might I humbly suggest that instead of whining on the Internet, the affected parties pursuing action in the Small Claims court may be more effective?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Is that your view in general TSY …

On the Realman thing, this, the people that scour ebay for dodgy sales… yes.

Regarding whether it’s been resolved… no idea… because, you guessed it… ‘what the **** has it got to do with’ me?

atlaz
    Free Member

+1 for the last two posts. The way that some people get (rightly) battered for not delivering what was promised but other people get stuck up for because they’re perceived as good guys or mates or whatever is puzzling. We should have one standard and that’s honest dealing. Either someone got what they paid for or they’re due a refund imo.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Its an identical situation to Realman and other less well known classified scammers.

You are over stating this he did sell him some brakes there was just an argument about whether they were described accurately or not.

They are not the same thing at all as he did get his brakes.
    The seller should have asked for pictures as well though I do side with the seller in that case but scammer is too extreme a description IMHO. RM Is also a kid and Idave an adult I can forgive the former easier than the later as we all did daft things as a student we would not repeat.

surfer
    Free Member

We should have one standard and that’s honest dealing. Either someone got what they paid for or they’re due a refund imo.

Nice thoery but in real life its often not that simple.

he did sell him some brakes there was just an argument about whether they were described accurately or not.

See

yossarian
    Free Member

This is actually very straightforward. It’s only complicated if you don’t tell people the truth.

idave sold some services that he hasn’t (or hadn’t) delivered to a few people on here.

He came on here after some complaints and explained he’d had some personal issues and some email issues that prevented him from delivering what he’d been paid for.

I’m guessing that either he’s delivered those services or refunded the people he took money from.

If neither has happened I’d imagine he’s explained his financial situation and personal circumstances to those owed and suggested a solution. If not then that is tantamount to theft IMO.

Is that complicated?

boblo
    Free Member

The similarity is that neither Realman nor iDave appeared to have resolved their shortfall in (ahem) delivery.

Realman argued the toss for ever until his ‘customer’ gave up.

iDave promised, promised and promised to sort it but chooses to make infrequent visits here making slightly cocky comments whilst ignoring the commitments he has made.

jota180
    Free Member

Regarding whether it’s been resolved… no idea… because, you guessed it… ‘what the **** has it got to do with’ me?

I do agree with you there but it beggars the question; why are you posting to say it has “nothing to do with you”?

Cougar

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Now that iDave is working in the media’ is closed to new replies.