Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Nova Scotia riding?
  • Conan257
    Free Member

Looking at a move to NS in the near future. We’ll be based in Greenwood and i’m hoping there’s a few trails within riding distance, as well as some more stuff within a couple of hours drive.

Seen the routes on MTBR, but surprised there’s very little on endomondo…

Anyone had experience of the area?

somafunk

My aunt is an artist in Nova Scotia and she’s pestered me for years to get across and ride the trails, there are a few guide books she sent me on the trails in the area (check on amazon) and the scenery is drop dead stunning, not to mention the 100’s of miles of trails that look **** amazing.

Lucky bugger!.

Conan257
    Free Member

Not quite a done dael yet… The job is the easy bit, moving away from the family is the hard bit!

StirlingCrispin

I’ve cycle toured in Nova Scotia a couple of times – as well as going there on business (Kentville).

We visited Valley Stove & Cycle Store in Wolfville (about 50km from Greenwood) and I’m sure they will point you in the right direction.
    While in Wolfville we bumped into a very large group of mtbers returning from a night ride (and this was back in 2000!) and the area had hosted national XC events.

PS: Take a snow shovel.
    My photo album is here if you’re interested: https://picasaweb.google.com/112339208260728332643/NovaScotia2000?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCLH–4_N_dbl-AE&feat=directlink

Lots of dirt roads and ice cream.

Conan257
    Free Member

Thanks for the photo’s! Nice trip from teh look of it.

Don’t think the riding will stop me going… Can’t be any worse than lincoln to be honest!

StirlingCrispin

I really like the Greenwood/Wolfville area.

But do check the weather before you go- it gets extremely hot in the summer and has a ridiculous amount of snow in the winter (Which lasts for 6 months or more!)

Conan257
    Free Member

Just found that there’sa DH race in Kentville!

Very happy bunny now!

Conan257
    Free Member

I’m happy about the weather, told the missus it gets hot and cold and she’s not that bothered (She’d move to siberia to leave lincoln!)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Nova Scotia riding?’ is closed to new replies.