Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Not so baggy baggies….
  • hilldodger
    Free Member

any recommendations for ‘not so baggy’ riding shorts ?

prefer linerless as I have plenty of lycra but otherwise anything goes really……

ahwiles
    Free Member

‘endura singletrack’ work for me.

and i’ve got skinny legs.

loddrik
    Free Member

Hummvees

Gary_M
    Free Member

Rapha touring shorts, great shorts, skinny fit, very little wear on mine after a lot of use.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Humvees I have, fit OK but I class those as baggy baggies.

Singletracks I’ll try and fine some in stock somewhere to try on, been looking for the ‘perfect shorts’ for ages 🙄

hilldodger
    Free Member

Gary_M – Member
    Rapha touring shorts, great shorts, skinny fit, very little wear on mine after a lot of use

It may well come to Rapha 😯 price of the top end baggies makes those touring shorts seem quite good value……

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

+1 for singletrack. Not too baggy, nearly short shorts.

popartpoem
    Free Member

Humvees … great look & fit, I have a couple of pairs. Although you don’t need it, the mesh liner is great in the summer heat (one pair came with & one without).

Also, OS Explorer map fits in either of the rear map pockets really well, without restricting peddling.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yeh hilldodger the price isn’t too steep and they are very comfortable shorts.

I wouldn’t call humvees skinny baggies.

rewski
    Free Member

dakine mode, light and hard wearing.

chutney13
    Free Member

mavic stratos, expensive but very nice.

sillyoldman

Pearl Izumi Launch Kickers.

Love mine.

ahwiles
    Free Member

i’ve got humvees aswell as the singletrack shorts i mentioned earlier.

they’re both good.

Humvees are a looser fit, and a bit longer.

i sometimes wear singletrack shorts on the road bike – but i wouldn’t wear the humvees.

nedrapier

got a couple of pairs of Bench shorts in TK Max a week ago. Grey cotton shorts, comfy, not too baggy, cut just below the knee.

Never quite seen the point of “technical shorts” unless you want waterproof or you crash all the time and you need something uber burly.

Or am I wrong?

Edit: I guess the seam might get annoying if I was going a VERY long way in them, but I’d be wearing undershorts anyway, so maybe not.

hilldodger
    Free Member

chutney13 – Member
    mavic stratos, expensive but very nice.

Stratos look interesting – how does the waist fasten/adjust ??

chutney13
    Free Member

it’s a popper and zip at the front, with two velcro tightening straps on the front of hips. they’re a bit stretchy too.
    honestly, i have been boring people with how good they are.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Endura MT500’s are a really good slimmer fitting bike specific short, much better fit than either Humvees or Singletracks

hilldodger
    Free Member

chutney13 – Member
    i have been boring people with how good they are.

looks like the Mavic’s may be the ones, how do the sizings come out if you don’t mind me asking 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

Mavic Stratos and Notch shorts are both nice, light and stretchy.

Have to get right size though as the Notch ones particularly don’t have any waist adjustment, just a bit of elasticity.

If I put too much in the pockets they start to fall down.

ahwiles
    Free Member

nedrapier – Member
    Never quite seen the point of “technical shorts” unless you want waterproof or you crash all the time and you need something uber burly.

same sort of reason why riding in a cotton T-shirt is a bad idea – they abosrb sweat/water. So they get heavy and cold.

StirlingCrispin

Ground Effect Juggernauts.
    http://www.groundeffect.co.nz/product-detail-JUG-SHO.htm

The most comfortable baggys I’ve ever worn (all I need to do now is wear out all my sweatfest Endura ones)

pinches
    Free Member

I just got some Fox Ranger shorts, they are more of a tailored fit than my humvees, a less baggy baggy if you like! even come with a pro liner chamois too.

samuri
    Free Member

Endura Singletrack work for me, the arse can get a bit sweaty though.

benneh
    Free Member

Hummvee’s for me!

chutney13
    Free Member

stratos sizing, i’m about a 34 waist and the large is exactly right.

hilldodger
    Free Member

chutney13 – Member
    stratos sizing, i’m about a 34 waist and the large is exactly right.

Thanks 8)

Keando

Recently got a pair of Endura Singletrack shorts and so far very impressed.

CaptJon
    Free Member
    fattatlasses
    Free Member

Being the owner of what must be an especially abrasive a**e, I’ve owned or own many of the ‘usuals’ (Singletracks, Humvees, mt500’s, Dakine 8 tracks….amongst others!) For slimmer legged baggies with no liner, I think some of the Sombio stuff is hard to beat – quite slim fitting, but very comfy stretchy fabric, reasonably hard wearing and weather resistant too. Only drawback is that I find they can be a bit warm in full on summer conditions – full prices also pretty steep, but shopping around usually turns up sale stock.

HTH

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Not so baggy baggies….’ is closed to new replies.