Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Not going to plan at Cwm Carn (photo)
  • Trimix
    Free Member

Looks like he missed the steps and took the even knarlier option.

I must admit the whole climb up to the top is a techy killer of a climb, I tend to do it focused on the pain rather than thinking of any challenges until I get to the top, then I put my descending head on.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@tom – in the interests of Shadenfreuder please post up further picture updates as the bruising comes out and darkens.

I do wish you mate well, that picture isn’t any easier to look at 12 hours later.

easygroove
    Free Member

face plant of the highest order…..dont let it put you off…..coming off like that means you’re pushing it – the only way to get better as a rider!

cheers_drive

The steps are easy to miss if you’re concentrating on the climb, they aren’t difficult if you pick the correct line but the consequences of getting it wrong are high. Hopefully I won’t remember that photo next time I’m there.

skywalker
    Free Member

Ooooooo, that looks sore.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Looks a sore one!

Btw was it the helmet peak or the ground that did the damage to your nose?

maxray
    Free Member

Yeah with a head like that straight after I would love to see it a couple of days later! Be all swollen like sloth from the goonies! 😀

cakefacesmallblock

Does it really matter what he had in his pack ? That’s his choice. I doubt an extra set of pads or even another lid was the cause of his crash. Poor line choice more like.
    Hands up who’s never made one of those then ?
    My guess he was carting pads up to ride down d/h sections without boiling up on the climb. Either way, good pics of a guy out to play on his bike. I doubt any of us want to go home with our face smashed. I reckon I’d just be pleased my mates were there in case it had been more serious, despite mucho piss taking later. Speedy recovery fella.

wwaswas

Does it really matter what he had in his pack ?

no, I was just interested.

in the scheme of things it really doesn’t matter if he fell off or not but it doesn’t mean people aren’t interested?

mooman
    Free Member

yes – camelbaks are a must at trail centres .. as are brand new 3grand full sussers.

For the newbies anyways ..

If you cant fit a tube,pump,chaintool & link in pockets or on bike ..then I guess I was correct..

DT78
    Free Member

Wow, think he got off pretty lightly, could easily have been reconstructive surgery there. After a mate having a similar incident on the chicken wire at afan we all bought met parachutes, got bored of wearing them after 2 months or so and went back to a normal lid. Think I might dig it back out again next time I go to cwmcarn!

cynic-al
    Free Member

LOL at the pack snobbery.

amedias
    Free Member

for all you know he was doing a quick lap of the trail centre after as a warm down from the 50mile bushwacking in the hills he’d just completed and every single piece of kit in his bag was appropriate and well thought out… jut leave the poor fella alone and wish him a speedy de-bruising!

wrecker
    Free Member

LOL at the pack snobbery busybody bellendery.

FTFY al.

yes – camelbaks are a must at trail centres .. as are brand new 3grand full sussers.

For the newbies anyways ..
    I’ll be willing to bet most of these (generally local) chaps would hand your backside to you down any of the descents.

ds3000
    Free Member

Pretty much unrelated, but still a good watch.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2oymHHyV1M[/video]

creamegg
    Free Member

noooo! not the buck again! 😆

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Surely it’s obvious where it is?

Unless you mince around the bottom of them everytime I suppose.

MarkN
    Free Member

2nd thing … Why the need to carry so much around such a short trail centre?
    A tube,pump, chaintool & spare link … maybe bottle of water ..all easilly carried on bike or in pockets.

….and maybe a first aid kit.

daleftw
    Free Member

Clipped in?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I like how he avoided the perfectly rideable 3ft wide steps and went for the rock sticking out

Riding with Switchbacks in Bubion, Spain.

48 Stitches, a nice long rocky singletrack, tight switchbacks, fast open sections, there’s even a couple of big(ish) rock garden/drops just before the video. All ridden cleanly untill there was one rock in the middle of the trail………
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=PUHFXAdGx7Y[/video]In my defence, the gear cable snagged the lockdown so I have no fork travel after the last rocky section (start of the vid).

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Proper PMSL!! Nice one Spoony.

bobbyspangles

if you cannot fit a pump, tube, levers, chaintool, multitool, banana, ham salad sanwiches, water bottle, binoculars and a bird spotting book in your pockets then you quite cleary batting for the other side……or french.

yunki
    Free Member

bobbyspangles speaks the truth..

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Proper PMSL!! Nice one Spoony.

I think we watched it at least a hundred times that evening, slow motion, reversed, again and again and again………

wrecker
    Free Member

What exactly do you mean by “batting for the other side”?
    Do you mean homosexual? Is this supposed to be derogatory? Are homosexuals not capable of carrying things in their pockets? Why not, are they full of the types of things homosexuals carry? I’m not really sure why a homosexual would not be able to fit a banana in his pocket whist riding a bicycle. Care to expand?

diawl2
    Free Member

I thought he was alluding to road riders and how they seem to carry everything in their jersey pocket.

mamadirt
    Free Member

The Southern Yeti – Member

Surely it’s obvious where it is?

Unless you mince around the bottom of them everytime I suppose.

Local mincer here of the highest order TSY 😆 . I can imagine exactly where the steps are from the descriptions above but I have to say I’ve never seen them myself despite having been riding there for years. Maybe I’m just too fast 😉

mooman
    Free Member

wrecker – Member

I’ll be willing to bet most of these (generally local) chaps would hand your backside to you down any of the descents.

In which case – you would def lose alot of those bets.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

🙄 entirely too much testosterone on this thread – muppets.

Hope the fella’s feeling ok. On the bright side, should they ever re-make Return of the Jedi, he could play Vader in the scene at the end where he takes his helmet off… 😆

tomstickland
    Free Member

Correct on the location.
    Like all photos, it doesn’t look as steep as it does in real life.

As to what you carry – I use a 30L ruck sack on pretty much all of my rides. Filled with water, cakes, tools, spares, clothes etc. Personal preference.

fairhurst
    Free Member

he should be wearing suitable protection as that looks highly technical to me 😯

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

Ouch. It looks like you didn’t manage to get your arms out in front of you quick enough. Get well soon.

scaredypants

I do think we need a “recovering” pic – he must look ace about now

Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘Not going to plan at Cwm Carn (photo)’ is closed to new replies.