Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • North East of Casares – today’s ride pics
  • simonralli2
    Free Member

Went out with Celina, a colleague from work on a bit of an exploratory ride. We were out for 5 hours and even though I had a Spanish Ordnance Survey map, didn’t quite know where I was or how ridable the tracks would be. It went pretty well, and it is just a case of going back and checking out all the tracks that we didn’t do this time, and also working out how to piece them together for various riding options.

It was going well, but then we hit a major dead end, my gears went leaving me in just 4th, and I punctured, but hey, all power for the course and we made it back in one piece.

As per usual on my rides, it was chilled riding so nothing extreme, but if you want to check out the ride click on the pic below.

Roper – you’ll love it around there, I’ll have to take you out some time.

I couldn’t find a post or a trig point but this will hopefully keep the post/trig point people satiated for now till I can find a proper post.

simonralli2
    Free Member
    knottie8
    Free Member

very nice….

MrAgreeable

Nice pics! Bristol is pretty slimey today, I was missing the Spanish dustiness quite badly…

bikey
    Free Member

Hi Simon. Have you managed to ride that route from Les Frontes Del a Cortes to Galzine and back? I did mention it to you a while back when I was still working and guiding in Spain. I last rode it in June and it is best done this time of year before it gets too hot. It has some amazing sections of single track on it, but also quite a climb up to Galzine.

Matt

simonralli2
    Free Member

Bikey

Not yet but Roper and I are now a bit more organised and should be doing a lot more riding in the next month or so.

However, I can’t find either of those places on Google Earth. Which towns are they near? I’ll try and find them on my Andalucia road map.

Yeah – it was near perfect riding conditions yesterday huh?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘North East of Casares – today’s ride pics’ is closed to new replies.